Chapter 19

-Chapter 19-

*Maddie's POV

"Christmas is coming up!!" Sierra pointed out while grabbing something from a chest.

"I almost forgot. I say we visit the sorcerer village. I lived there for a few years." I continued. "Maybe you two can learn a bit of magic."

Rheanna sat on the bed next to me. "That's not a bad idea actually. Christmas wasn't something we celebrated a lot in the village. It would be fun to see how others celebrate it." Rheanna thought for a minute. "What about everyone else?"

Sierra grabbed two lockable chains from the chest. "Why don't we leave them with their gifts." She said with a smirk.

I looked at her, confused. "What do you mean?"

"Lock Mitch in a room and Ty in another. Shove Jerome into the room with Mitch and shove Sky in the room with Ty before giving them the keys." Sierra grabbed two small boxes from one of my chests and put a key in each. "We just have to figure out how to lock up Mitch and Ty."

"That part is easy. Leave it to me. You just need to tell me what rooms they need to stay in." I explained.

Rheanna wrapped the boxes in colored paper before tying it in a strand of string. "We should also leave a note. You know, explaining why Mitch and Ty are tied up."

I grabbed two pieces of paper and scribbled down a small note. "Is this good?" I asked Rheanna.

She grabbed the paper out of my hands and read over it. "Perfect."

"What rooms are they going to stay in?" Sierra asked. We all thought for a minute before Sierra answered her own question. "What about their old rooms? You know, the ones that they used to sleep in before they got together."

Rheanna pointed out a good point. "But Sky and Ty always slept in the same room."

I spoke up. "What about this room? I'm fine with it." I paused. "I'll just make them clean up afterwards if things get... Messy."

Everyone laughed. When our laughing subsided, Sierra was the first to speak. "How long 'till Christmas anyways?"

I counted the days in my head. 1...2... "Three days." I heard the front door open and Ty scream to us.

"Let's go in the living room." Sierra said, standing up. We walked out to the living room and saw a beautiful dark green evergreen tree in the corner of the living room. It looked exactly like the Christmas tree we had on my last Christmas before I was taken. I began to silently cry as I remembered the wonderful memories.

-Flashback-

"Where are the ornaments?" Mommy asked daddy after he secured the Christmas tree. The tree was taller than daddy.

"In the basement." Daddy smiled. Mommy walked away and daddy kneeled in front of me so he was my height. "Wanna decorate the tree?"

I quickly nodded. "Yes daddy. I want the tree to be like a rainbow!!" I giggled.

Mommy came back in the room with a box of colorful balls. "Here," she handed me a red one. "Hang it on the tree."

I carefully strung the glass ball in the dark tree. The light shined through the ornament and red lights danced across the floor. All in all, it was like a scene in a fairy tale.

-Flashback Ending-

I snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of people calling my name. "Maddie? Are you ok?"

I looked around and wiped my eyes. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just- never mind."

Rheanna handed me a red glass ornament. "Want to put the first ornament on?"