Chapter 12

-Chapter 12-

*Jerome's POV

I stood, hidden under the trees, with Mitch, Sky, Ty, and two strangers next to me. Sky, Ty, and the two women were crying and hugging each other while Mitch and I were frozen with shock.

"Why did we choose these women over our sisters?" I angrily whispered to Mitch. It wasn't that I was mad at him. I was angry at myself.

"I-I don't know." Mitch swallowed. "I did it for... For Sky and Ty." His voice cracked.

I turned towards the women. "Mind explaining who you are before I personally escort you back to the Bacca village?" I angerly growled under my breath.

"O-of coarse." The woman wearing a purple top stuttered. "I-I'm Taylor, Ty's mom."

The woman wearing a yellow dress spoke next. "I'm Samantha, Sky's mom."

"Are you two good at fighting?" I asked them. They both shook their heads and I sighed. "What are you two good at?"

"I'm good at cooking and crafting." Samantha piped up.

Taylor thought for a minute. "I'm good at farming and planting."

Mitch sighed and shook his head. "Do you know anything about hunting?"

The two women shook their heads. "We never needed to learn." Taylor shrugged.

"Well, you do now." I started walking towards the house. "C'mon."

I could tell they were hesitating, but I soon enough heard footsteps behind me. Mitch caught up to me and walked next to me. "What's the plan?"

I thought for a moment. I never actually came up with a plan. "Finish building the house then give the women weapons. I'm going to let Sky and Ty teach their moms."

"Good plan." Mitch smiled at me.

When we came across the house, I told the others the plan. We quickly begun building Sky and Ty's room and built the women's rooms. They choose to have the same room to save resources, but it wouldn't matter if they choose to have separate rooms.

Once we were done, we all sat down to have some food and the women told us why they were with the king and leader.

"They took us from our village." Samantha started. "We were in our shop. After they took us, they killed everyone else in the shop."

"How did you get here?" Taylor asked Ty and Sky.

"The king took us from the village and enslaved us." Ty answered.

"Just like he did to Rheanna and Sierra." Sky added under his breath. The room went silent.

"Did they know how to fight?" Samantha asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"Yes. They were great at fighting." Mitch answered.

Samantha waited a few minutes before speaking. "Then why did you choose us?"

"For Sky and Ty." Mitch whispered.

I shook my head and let out a humorless laugh. "Worst mistake ever." I whispered to Mitch.

Mitch made relaxing circles with his thumb on the back of my paw and whispered in my ear "It's gonna be ok, baby."

"You should of chosen your sisters." Taylor spoke. "They can help you survive more than we can. We can't fight, hunt, or travel quickly. Obviously, we're just gonna weigh you down."

At least we're on the same page, but why not try to make it work? "Unless you want a frustrated Bacca, which can get dangerous, learn how to fight. I'm allowing you to use weapons from the back room to learn. Sky and Ty will teach you. Right?"