Chapter 8

-Chapter 8-

The sunshine was dancing around the room, warding off the darkness. I opened my eyes to find Mitch still asleep in my arms. I kissed his forehead and fixed his crazy hair. "Good morning, baby." I whispered when he stirred. He mumbled something that I didn't understand and hugged me tighter. "What was that?" I asked, playing with his hair.

"I don't want to wake up." He mumbled again.

"I never said you had to," I murmured, pulling away. "But I have to go hunting."

Mitch sat up when I stood up and looked at me with puppy eyes. "No!! Please stay!! I don't want to be alone."

I smiled and shook my head. "I have to go hunting. I heard Rheanna and Sierra say we're low on food."

Mitch fake pouted. "Ok... If you have to."

I walked back to Mitch and he looked up at me. I quickly planted a short kiss on his pink lips, making him blush. "I'll be back later. I love you, Mitchy."

Mitch slightly blushed and smiled at my nickname for him. "I love you too, Jay." He pulled me into a hug.

"Go back to sleep. By the time you wake up, I'll be home from hunting." I told Mitch and kissed him on the forehead when he laid down.

"Stay safe." Mitch yawned, cuddling himself in the blankets.

"Don't worry. I will." I whispered before Mitch closed his eyes. I walked out of the room, grabbed my iron axe, and headed outside to start hunting. I noted that Sierra was out hunting and Rheanna was in the living room, sleeping.

I ran outside and climbed a tree. Leaping from tree to tree, I found a small herd of cows grazing. There was only 4 cows, but it would supply plenty of food for a week or two. I quickly and quietly jumped down from the tree I was on and killed the group. I choose to head home because I had plenty of food for a while. The group of cows dropped 9 beefs and 8 leather. I started to go in the direction of home, the sun only having a little time before it sets and monsters spawn. Not many monsters spawn out here, but they still do. I walked in the house and to the kitchen to put the meat away. I stretched and yawned, just noticing how tired hunting makes you.

"Hey Jerome." Sierra greeted. "I found a group of pigs while hunting!! They dropped 12 pork chops!!" I gave her a high five. She yawned and waved to me. "I'm going to bed. See ya' in the morning."

"See ya." I waved back. A few minutes after Sierra walked to her room, I went to Mitch's. He was still sound asleep, snuggled in the blankets. I tip-toed to him and pulled the colored piece of paper Rheanna gave me out of my pocket. I looked down at it, reading the print, studying the heart. I ran my finger over the smooth, dry ink and the thin, rough paper. 'Merome Forever' the red heart said.

I refolded the paper and laid it next to Mitch. Mitch. Memories of earlier surfaced. His puppy eyes, his adorable fake pout, the way his cheeks turned pink when I kissed him- he is just too cute.

Mitch shifted, sat up, and stretched. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. "H-hey Jerome." He mumbled. His hair was messy and his voice was scratchy from sleep.

I kissed his forehead, making him noticeably blush. "Morning, Baby. How'd you sleep?"

He patted the spot next to him and I sat down. "I could of slept better if you were there for me to cuddle." He murmured, wrapping his arms around me and leaning his head on my shoulder. I put my arms around him and in one quick motion, moved him to my lap so I was now holding him bridal-style.

"Are you comfy?" I asked him. He slightly nodded his head. I leaned back against the wall with my feet out in front of me.

"J-Jerome?" He asked and looked up at me.

"Yes Mitchy?"

"Why?" He whispered. "Why are you so perfect?"

I shook my head. "I'm not. You are."

"I'm as far from perfect as anyone could get." He mumbled.

"No." I kissed his head. "You are wrong."

"Why do you say you're not perfect when you are?" Mitch looked up at me.

I shrugged and kissed Mitch's lips. "'Cause I'm not perfect."

Mitch, who's cheeks and ears were redder than a tomato from blushing, kissed me again when I pulled away. "I love you, Jerome." He whispered.

"I love you too, Mitch."

Someone knocked on the door. "Dinner!!" Rheanna said on the other side.

"We'll be there in a second!!" I replied. I looked down at Mitch and shrugged. "C'mon. Let's go eat."

Mitch crawled to the end of the bed and stretched. "I-I'm hungry."

I laughed a little. "That's why we're going to go eat." I said and we walked to the living room.

The room was dark, almost all of the torches extinguished. Rheanna was setting a table, but there was only two chairs. She placed a bright red rose in the center of the table and slipped a disk in the music player. Rheanna walked out of the room to the kitchen, coming back with two plates. One of the plates had a cooked steak, cooked fish, baked potato, and a cookie. The other plate had a raw steak, raw fish, baked potato, and a cookie. Rheanna set the a plate in front of each of the chairs. She looked up at us and smiled before walking away to her room without a word.

Mitch and I looked at each other with confusion. "Well, I guess we should eat." Mitch said, walking over and sitting in front of the plate of cooked food.

I sat in the other chair, in front of my favorite foods. How Rheanna knew I loved raw foods is beyond me. Although, I'm pretty sure Sierra said something.

The room was silent and the atmosphere was comfortable. The torches flickered, making the shadows dance around the room. The fully bloomed rose in the center of the table stood elegantly.

"I wonder why Rheanna did this." Mitch spoke up.

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe because she wants to make sure Merome happens."

Mitch smiled and grabbed something from his pocket. "I found this on my bed when I woke up. I'm guessing you put it there." He unfolded a piece of paper and held it out, revealing the 'Merome Forever' heart.

"Ya'." I nodded. "Your sister gave it to me a few days ago."

Mitch looked closer at the heart. "Is it real?"

"Is what real?" I nibbled on my cookie.

Mitch smiled a bit and looked back up at me. "Merome."

I looked into his golden brown eyes, seeing hope. When I nodded my head, joy sparkled in his eyes. "Yes, biggums. If you want it to be, Merome is forever."

Mitch, having tears of joy in his eyes, leaned forward and I followed suit. Within a matter of seconds, our lips were touching and we were kissing. It was just a short kiss, but it was filled with love. From that kiss, we both knew now that Merome was real and we both knew it would never end- Merome forever.