Chapter Twelve.

I want comments :(

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Dakota Aniston

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was weird being back here. With Stacey.

The last time I’ve stayed at her beach house was for two weeks in ninth grade, and I had brought a boy then, too; Dave. He was my first serious boyfriend and I was so excited when Stacey told me I could bring him down. It was supposed to be one of those summer couple moments. We would lounge on the beach; kiss in the ocean, ride the feeriswheel and he would win me stuffed bears from the games.

I was uneasy with Elijah being here, especially having to share a room with him. It wasn’t because I thought anything was going to happen, but mostly because the only other boy I was ever in the same room with was Dave and I much rather not remember that.

Let’s just say, the summer didn’t end exactly the way I wanted it too.

Suddenly, jumping me out of my thoughts, I was forced under water, the ocean waves crashing over my body and taking me under. It was so sudden; I’m not even sure what happened. The water was cold and stung against my warm skin. The air was knocked out of me and I sputtered up quickly, spitting out salt water and my hair falling in wet waves over my face.

Elijah was now walking into the ocean, but stopped in his tracks. He caught sight of what happened, doubled over and let out obnoxious laughs. He held onto his sides, slowly trudging through the waves in order to meet me. He was still laughing as he stood in front of me.

I scowled and punched his arm. “Shut up, jerk. It’s not that funny.”

Stacey giggled, holding her small fingers over her mouth. “It kind of was.”

“Thank you, Stacey!” Elijah grinned broadly and they met each other in a high five. How cute. “Did you see that wave? It took you right under!”

“Thanks, I didn’t notice.” I mumbled sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

Ryan chuckled slightly. “Dakota, are you alright?”

I sighed heavily. Slicking my hair out of my face, I smile lightly at him. “I’m fine.”

Elijah’s arms slung around my shoulders, pulling me back into his chest. “My Blondie can handle it.”

My Blondie? I felt my cheeks flush at that. To play it off, I scooped up water in my palms and splashed it over my face. The water trailed down my cheeks and through my fingers.

“So, I have an idea.” Stacey announced. She gracefully jumped over an oncoming wave and I was so astonished by her ability to do that, the wave almost took me under again. I stumbled, knocked into Elijah’s chest, but he chuckled softly and his arm tightened around my shoulders, steadying me.