Chapter Twenty Seven.

Slightly mature contact. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, you can skip when you get to that part. (:

Elijah Astor

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dakota is really going to pay for this one. While she chats away with some guy, I’m here working the bar.

Sighing, I lean my forearms against the countertop, tipping forward slightly. I glance over, my eyes wavering over the large crowd, but once again landing on Dakota.

She appeared nervous. She keeps shifting uncomfortably, her eyes looking everywhere but the guy in front of her. Also, he seems to be doing most of the talking, for she just nods weakly here and there, and her bronzed skin had gone pale.

Her head tilts back, gazing up over his shoulder. Through the cloud of people, our eyes clicked. One long, hot moment passed with our gazes locked, heavy and daring.

“Here.” Tommy was suddenly beside me, placing a shot glass in front of me.

My eyes fall away from Dakota, over to Tommy, and then down to the glass. “What’s that?”

“Vodka.” He answers casually. He tilts his head forward, smiling at a young red head perched on the stool in front of him. She blushed profusely, bashfully tipping her head down.

“Snap out of it.” I laugh, shoving Tommy’s shoulder. Once I have his attention, I ask, “What do you want me to do with this?”

“Drink it.”

I shake my head. “I don’t want it.”

“Pussy.” He discreetly coughs the word into his fist, glancing away from me. He then slides the glass shot over to the red head. “Here darling, on the house.”

“Thanks.” She gives a breathy laugh. The girl wasn’t bad looking. Her hair was thick red curls and green eyes. She finishes off the shot, before leaning toward Tommy. “Aren’t you guys that band that always plays here?”

Tommy grins. “That’s us.”

“Do you guys have a band name?”

He lets out a curt laugh. “We haven’t really thought about it.”

I frown. Was it weird we don’t have a name? We never really decided on it, considering we’ve only had coffee gigs. This summer though, over the last couple of weeks, we’ve been getting known by more people. I’ve actually heard a rumor that some people only come here to see us play. It’s a great feeling, really, knowing there’s people out there who enjoy listening to us.

The red head’s lips curl up in a small, flirty smirk. “You’re the drummer, right?”