Chapter Fifteen.

Elijah Astor

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Elijah,” Someone was whispering beside me and cold fingers shook against my shoulder. “Elijah, wake up.” The cold fingers moved to my back, dipping under the blue comforter, pulling it down.

I muffle a groan. Someone was trying to wake me up, searing their cool skin over my slightly perspiring neck. The person giggles and tugs on the end of my hair. “Wake up, lazy.”

Murmuring something, I roll over, regretfully opening my eyes. With half lidded eyelids, I gaze up at Stacey leaning over me. She was smiling, her red ringlets falling over her heart shaped face. The room was dark, minus the soft light that poured in from the open doorway. “What time is it?” I asked, my voice still groggy from my sleep.

Stacey bites into her red bottom lip. Her fingers were still pressed against my neck. “It’s six at night. You’ve been asleep all day.”

I nod meekly; now I remember. After Dakota stormed out of the room, (in my t-shirt, may I add) I fell back asleep. It’s not my fault, really. I had every intention of getting out of bed, follow Dakota and demand she apologize for blaming our actions last night all on me.

It’s not my entire fault as she claims. I mean, sure I was the one who tried grabbing the rum from her hands, and maybe I’m the one who caused us to fall over into the sand, and possibly I could have kissed her. But, how does that make this my fault? I am a guy, after all and she is a girl and she was lying under me. And her lips were right there! Sure, I shouldn’t have kissed her, but her lips were all shiny from the rum and her skin was warm, so I acted like any other guy would act.

But, that’s as far as my wrong doing goes. And I can’t tell you what happened after that kiss, because I can’t remember. Well, I guess it’s obvious. But, I don’t recall any of it, expect for the kiss. Everything after that is just blank.

So, as I was attempting to get up earlier today, setting my feet on the ground, my head seemed almost too heavy to hold up. And the bed felt so inviting, so that’s where I stayed and slept. Well, at least my headache is gone now.

Blinking a couple times, I finally connected my eyes against Stacey’s. Her perfect eyebrows were arched. “So, do you want to go to the boardwalk? The rest of us are about to head up there.”

Stacey was dressed in a baby blue sundress and black flats. She looked good. She was smiling, watching me expectantly. “Um, sure I’ll go.”

“Great!” She grinned, her eyes twinkling in the darkened room. “We’ll wait for you.”

“Thanks, Stacey.”

“No problem.” She mumbled. It was silent between us for a while, and I’m not sure if she noticed, but her fingers played with the ends of my hair. Stacey Dugan was touching my hair. God, take me to heaven.

Suddenly, her fingers stopped and she dropped them back to her side. “Don’t take too long.” She teased, sending me a wink before slipping out of the room and clicking the door shut behind her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dakota wouldn’t meet my eye. She walked ahead of me beside Ryan and Stacey. Okay, I see how it’s going to go.

She was wearing short denim shorts with rips in the thighs. Her skin was now a heightened golden tan and her shorts hung low on her curvy hips and the band t-shirt she was wearing was slightly rolled up, giving a glimpse of her toned stomach. Her legs looked miles long, the skin silky smooth and I found myself wondering if I had the pleasure of touching those last night. Then, I felt disappointed that I don’t remember what they felt like.