Chapter 2: Dad

"Ethan," Lander said quietly as Ethan and I tugged on our clothes while we walked to a tiny cabin through the blanket of darkness that the cloudy night provided

We were lucky.

We hadn't been seen and the clouds were thick; providing a safe darkness like they knew that it was our saving grace. The cabin was on the border between Tikanni and Mangata, well it was on our side but not by much. Apparently, it was a small cabin that patrols used to use to rest between shifts.

Lander gave Ethan a short hug before moving to me. He hugged me tightly before stepping back and looking at us both warily. "He's inside. He's on edge, we all are."

I let out a sigh and nodded. "Just keep him in the cabin, ok?"

Lander looked at Ethan then to me and gave me a slight nod. "Alright girly, let's do this."

I could feel him in the house. I could feel the him and a few familiar others as Ethan and I walked up, pulling clothes over our naked bodies in the process. Ethan gave the cabin, tucked away almost so it was invisible in the woods, a wary look.

"Sunshine, I want you to lock the door behind me after we walk in," Ethan breathed out.

I looked up at him as he linked out hands together and nodded. "Are you alright?"

He shook his head. "No, not really."

"It will be ok Ethan," I said as I leaned closer to him.

"It will be ok when I have his head in my hands," Ethan practically growled out.

I met his eyes full of serious desire for blood and vengeance and nodded. I doubted either of us would get any sleep until Thomas and Miranda were dead.

Ethan knocked on the door a few times until a friendly face opened it. David. He smiled at me before flickering his eyes up and down Ethan, assessing the male before me for size.

"Hey girly," he said. I smiled and walked into a warm hug.

"I've missed you," I breathed out.

He chuckled. "And I've missed beating you around, now this here your boy?" I rolled my eyes and nodded. David flickered his eyes to my neck then looked back at Ethan who had pulled me back to him at this point. He held out his hand and firmly shook Ethan's before nodding to him. "Your dad was a good man, one of the best I knew."

Ethan nodded. "Thank you."

David nudged his chin inside. "Come on, they're all here. We locked all the doors."

"Lock this one behind you," Ethan replied quietly as we walked inside the door to enter the kitchen.

"Char!" Evangeline rushed over to me and jumped in my arms. I laughed a little and nuzzled her cheek while Liam walked over to Ethan and shook his hand. She smiled at me and looked at my neck before giving me a knowing smile.