Chapter 32: Roadtripping

"Got the list?"

"Yes."

"Got the USB cord?"

"Yup."

"Did you get the–"

"Ethan," I interjected as I pulled a pair of faded skinny jeans on, Levi Strauss' to be exact. There were worn holes over the knees and they were that perfect fit of broken in. "Babe, I got everything."

"Ok," he sighed out before he pulled on a gauzy long sleeve white pocket t-shirt, with a neck that scooped enough so I could see his collar bones, over his forest green shorts.

I tugged on a loose black t-shirt, courtesy of 'Le-Closet De' Evie,' and tucked it into my jeans before slipping into my favorite pair of Ked's.

Ethan walked to a shed we had run to, an area of the pack land that they kept well hidden. The trees were thick around the area, so thick it almost made me cloister phobic.

The shed was more like a dilapidated barn with a rusted tin roof. If I passed it before, I wouldn't have thought twice about the structure that apparently had a navy F-150 with mud still caked on the tires behind the door that Ethan slid open.

I sighed as a little guilt set in. Ethan eyed me as he picked up the saddlebags we had brought with our road trip supplies in them. "What's wrong."

I shrugged. "I just feel like there's much of this pack I still don't know still."

He sighed and kissed my forehead. "You will sunshine, it's not like you've lived here all your life."

I rolled with eyes and broke away from him before he could kiss me again with a sly smile. He tossed me a bag, which I proceeded to place in the front passenger seat when the air whipped past me as something zipped by.

"Ready for a road trip Char?" Elliot asked.

He had on his 'I Don't Sparkle' t-shirt that I had seen before in a picture on Derek's phone and some khaki shorts. "Are you?"

"Of course he is," Derek replied as he zipped past Ethan with two large totes in his hand. "Babe, can you grab the others?"

"Others?" Ethan asked incredulously. "We're just going to Anchorage you know?"

Derek rolled his eyes. "Would you like to drive three-ish hours without snacks?"

"Snacks?" I asked as my wolf and I perked up.

Derek nodded as he set the totes, which were actually insulated coolers, in the back seat. He rolled up his chambray shirt and flipped his Ray-Bans on top of his head.

"That's right little one. I also made cookies."

My stomach growled on cue while Ethan rolled his eyes. "Please Ethan, in like an hour you are going to be more than happy about it."

"We'll see sunshine," Ethan grumbled out. "Four bags? Really?"

"No cookies for you!" Derek replied in a mock voice that resembled 'The Soup Nazi' from 'Seinfeld.'

Elliot and I laughed as Elliot got the bags situated in the car. I jumped in the front while Elliot and Derek crawled in the back. Ethan slid in and turned the key, starting the truck, then shifted it into drive and crept forwards.

We drove down a little path, towards Tikanni, until the trees seemed to enclose around the truck. "Ethan?"

He smiled slyly and looked at me from the corner of his eyes. "Yes, sunshine."

"We're running out of road," I replied, trying to hid the anxiety in my voice as the road grew more and more narrow; like a trippy version of tunnel vision.