Chapter 29: Surprise Party

"Take this," Ethan said to Aaron, he handed him a burner phone and an envelope with a little over three grand of our money to him.

Aaron shook his head. "Ethan–"

"Don't argue," Ethan interjected. "Take it. It will hopefully tide you guys over until I can wire you some money from the pack. You'll be alright at Tikanni for a day or so? I don't know if I could push a transfer before then, but I can try."

Aaron sighed out and nodded. "Alright, thank you," he replied as he took the items from Ethan.

I smiled at him and hugged him again. "We'll check in on you, ok? I'm sorry everything had to happen this way."

"Don't be Charlotte, you two did the right thing," he replied. "We'll be fine. Levi said he has a cabin set up."

I looked over at Amber who was sobbing quietly while Evie rubbed her back. "How's she?"

Aaron shrugged. "As good as she looks. We'll be ok. I think she'll be fine once she get's out of here."

Ethan nodded. "Once we get you sent somewhere I want you to call and check in at least once a week, ok? I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, I just want to make sure you two are alright."

Aaron nodded. "I can do that, just look after the pack Ethan."

"I will," He breathed back before he shook Aaron's hand. "Take care, Aaron."

Aaron nodded at both of us with a weary smile. "You too, thank you again," he said before he walked over to Amber.

There were Tikanni pack wolves waiting with their backs to take them across the line where they could start over. My wolf approved, and I did too. Those two needed to get out and get a clean start. I had given Aaron Riley's number, knowing that Riley could take care of them no matter what they needed.

Ethan pulled me back into the house, our house. Evan was busy putting together in his words, 'a bomb ass party little sister,' for the night. We had so much to do, but right now that could wait.

"Sir," Murphy said as he walked out from our living room. "We have Emmett and Lucy in our cells. Guards all around them. They aren't going anywhere."

"Good, and the vamps?"

"Working with them as we speak," Murphy replied.

"Tell them to take a break. We all need one. They can start again in the morning."

"Can do sir, also I had Charlotte's old cabin cleaned out. Do you want me to put them there? I know they have a place at Tikanni, but I thought you may want them back here?"

"That would be great," I added before I nodded. "See to it that Elliot and Derek are settled in there as well?"

"You got it," Murphy replied before he headed out.

"And Murphy?" Ethan called out.

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

Murphy nodded. "Don't thank me, Ethan, it was the right thing to do," he replied back with a warm smile before he left, leaving Ethan and I to ourselves in our house.

Ethan tugged me with him towards the stairs, and I didn't have to ask why. I smiled inwardly as we trotted up to our room silently; dirt, sweat, and blood still covering our bodies.

"Ethan, we should probably shower," I thought out loud.

"Why? It's not like we're about to get more dirty sunshine," he replied back, making my stomach flutter and the place between my legs clench in anticipation.