Chapter 25: Planning and Pasta

"Levi?"

He snapped his eyes to me then marched over, wrapping his arms around me while his body shook with rage. I hugged him back and rubbed my hands on his tense back, trying to calm his rage that seemed to only slowly grow.

He looked up at Ethan and gave him a knowing nod. "I should have seen it."

"Levi, we couldn't have known," I rushed out.

"We can't change the past Levi," Ethan breathed out. "But we can get even."

Levi smirked a little and flickered his eyes to Lander, who was brooding like a cold storm as he leaned against the railing. Lander cracked a smile, almost sinister in nature before he looked at Ethan. "Oh, we're going to get more than even."

Evan growled in approval. "The only thing I have to add is that we make it slow brother."

Ethan nodded a little as Levi released me and pulled me to his side. "Let's see how much Barrett and Evie can get out tonight before we decide what to do with them. They're going to die, but I want what's in their brains first."

Evan let out a frustrated breath and then nodded. "What do you want me to do?"

"Get everyone together outside. Char and I are going to talk with Tate and Larissa then we'll meet and get a plan together."

Evan dipped his head then walked over and hugged his brother. "Mom and dad would be proud you know?"

Ethan nodded before Evan pulled away. He walked to me and kissed my cheek before walking out of the barn. Ethan flickered his eyes to me. "Ready?"

"Who do you want first?" I asked.

"Where are the vamps?" Ethan asked more to himself.

"Here!" Evie said as she zipped over. She gave me a soft look and pulled me into a tight hug, petting my hair and rubbing my back. "I'm so sorry about all of this."

"It's not your fault," I breathed out as I pulled away. "Thank you for all your help–"

She held up a hand as Barrett walked over with another blood-juice box in his hand. "Char, really, it's not a problem."

"Who do you want next?" Barrett asked before he took a sip from his straw.

Ethan looked at me, chewing on his bottom lip and shrugged. "What do you think?"

"Tate wanted a deal, I say we take the low-hanging fruit there then go to Larissa. She may take longer."

Ethan held out his hand to me. I took it and looked back to Levi who was staring with a dreamy bloodlust towards where Emmet and Lucy were celled. "Levi?"

Lander walked back in, his hair a little windblown from his run. He looked at us then at Levi as his eyes swirled with a familiar concern. "Brother, let's go talk with David and get our ducks in a row. Evan probably needs our help as well."

Levi slightly nodded then looked back at Ethan and I. "Get their asses, we'll see you in a bit."

Ethan dipped his head before we followed Barrett and Evie to Tate's cell. Evie turned around, sipping on her juice box and walking backward as we neared the cell. "So I was with him for a bit. Basically he was in on it, obviously. I have the transcription you can listen to, but he's been in on it from day one. He helped scout out new routes to bring rogues into yours and Levi's borders, he brought rogues over with this crazy ass magic that is driving Alex up the wall, and he's been carrying out the dirty work.

"Thomas thinks Tate works for him, but his boss is Emmett. He's been keep tabs on Charlotte and you Ethan. He's also been re-scouting the borders, looking a little more around Lusa this time."