Chapter 35: James Bond

Ethan and I walked hand in hand back towards the dining room where voices could be heard echoing off the walls. He leaned over and kissed my cheek again before he released my hand to put his arm around my waist.

"Levi, Jaxon, and I will take the Alphas. You and Andrea hit up the Lunas. Evan, Lyanna, and Lander will be working the others."

"Alright," I breathed out. "Let's do it double-oh-seven."

Ethan chuckled and kissed the skin below my ear. "So I'm James Bond now?"

I rolled my eyes. "Not quite Everette."

I looked up and saw the doors open as an alpha, his luna, and a beta walked in. Ethan stopped us and turned with a friendly nod to the male with a beard that looked like it wanted to eat you and friendly crows feet around his warm brown eyes.

"Deryl, glad you came," Ethan said.

Deryl dipped his head and shook Ethan's hand. "Glad to see you're ass here. It was about damn time."

Ethan rolled his eyes and looked back at me. "This is my mate Charlotte"

Deryl nodded as he pulled a pixie blonde with big hazel eyes to him; she had a short haircut almost like hers, but on her dainty face it looked nothing but exquisite. "Nice to finally meet you little Thorne girl, this is Angeline, my–"

"Goddess divine?" she answered for him with a cheeky smile before she winked at me. She offered me her cheek which I happily took; my wolf seemed to like her, she was like a ball of energy and warmth–so much youth yet calm.

Deryl sighed and shook his head at Ethan. "I can't really argue with that."

Ethan and I laughed lightly with the visiting alphas before I looked at Angeline. "Want something to drink? We have wine, wine, wine, beer?"

She laughed and nodded. "You speak my language, come one, let's let them chit-chat amongst themselves."

Ethan kissed me before I walked with Angeline towards the kitchen as he and Deryl stayed and chatted in the living room. She leaned over to me a little was we walked. "I didn't get to say it before, but, I am much happier to see you up here than that bitch. God, she was so rude."

I scoffed out a laugh and nodded. "She certainly got what she deserved."

Angeline chuckled darkly and nodded. "Sad I missed that. I heard the vampires are here?"

I nodded as we turned into the kitchen. "Yes, they're here to help. It's an issue that concerns all of us."

"I know," she breathed out. "We've had sightings on our land. It's made Deryl and I both more than nervous as well as our pack. It's nothing quite like what you all have had, but I mean, you are closer to the mountains."

I raised a brow as we stopped at the counter where bottles were already opened. "Red or white?"

"Red of course."

I nodded with a coy smile and pulled out a glass then pulled out a cork from a bottle of Cabernet that was already open. Pouring it until it was full, I looked back at her as I stuck the cork back in the bottle. "What did you mean before? Closer to the mountains?"

She took her glass and sighed, looking around before she leaned closer to me. "Deryl has a feeling they are in the mountains. We have no proof of course, and it's completely crazy, but he has a hunch."

My eyes widened slightly as I nodded to her. "Do you think anyone else thinks that?"

She looked over her shoulder then stepped closer to me. "I think Ajax does, I talked with his mate Talia. They've had incidents too. He isn't so sure about the mountains but he thinks that it could be likely. Does Ethan?"