Chapter 6: Females

"Well you did good today," Billy said as we walked back towards the rings

I wrung out my hair some more. Billy had managed to get me in the water more times than I would like to admit, but I did get him in the water a few times. "As irritating as it was going into that water, I won't lie, it was kind of fun," I replied.

He chuckled and nodded. "Good, 'cause it's probably time you and me took a turn today after we're done with the females."

My beast and I both groaned at Billy's code for 'ass beating.' "Fantastic," I replied dryly.

Billy laughed some more as two familiar blondes trotted up to me. My beast yipped in the back of my mind as they neared and my lips tugged into a warm smile.

"I take it dad took you to the log?" Andrea asked cheekily as she hugged me, nuzzling her cheek against mine.

I sighed tiredly and nodded. "It was a very weird scene of 'Dirty Dancing,'" I replied.

Andrea laughed and released me as Lyanna hugged me. She rubbed her cheek against mine then nodded with a warm smile to Billy. "Morning to both of you."

"Morning girls," Billy replied as he gave Andrea a side hug.

We walked together towards a little area by the playground where a group of about fifty women were waiting; pack warriors, upper gammas, and a few lower beta females. Sam waved at me and trotted over; she rubbed her cheek against mine then did the same to Andrea and Lyanna. "Fancy seeing you three here."

"You too doc," I replied with a coy smile.

She rolled her eyes then flickered them back to me. "Conditioning day, my favorite day."

"Females work out three times a week together. There are two groups that go, one in the morning and one in the evening. Dad doesn't want there to ever be an unfair advantage and for everyone to have an equal opportunity."

I nodded at Andrea then looked over at the women who were all inadvertently eyeing us curiously, eyeing me curiously; looking at me without meeting my eyes with theirs.

"I should go tonight then," I thought out loud to Andrea and Lyanna.

Lyanna shook her head. "It would look odd Char, it's not your place. Really that's Miranda's place, well for now. You don't want to raise too many eyebrows."

My beast and I were not pleased. They were our pack, our females, but Lyanna was right. There's no reason for me to do that and I certainly did not need to bring any attention to myself.

I met her eyes and nodded. "You're right. You're starting to sound more like your dad you know?"

She smiled a little as we walked toward the group. The group of women who seemed to stiffen as we got closer, as the hum of my blood naturally grew a little louder.