LOVE BITES Chapter 3 : Tired after Sleep

A/N: ayy papi ;)) the guy above is what I imagine Alastair to look like. Yum.

Chapter 3 : Tired after Sleep

"How do you not get scared living in that old and creepy house of yours?" Brianna asked, cutting something out for an art project on her bed.

"It's not old and creepy," I mumbled, "And because Alastair's there."

She rearranged the clippings on her bed sheets. "Ahh, yes, your older brother." My face fell at that reminder. "Nikki, I don't know if you've noticed this yet, but you two look completely different for blood related siblings."

'You don't think I've noticed?' Was what I almost said. I'd already considered the difference in our looks.

She gasped. "Maybe you've been living a lie and Alastair's actually a serial killer from another state who has innocently convinced you otherwise and you've been blindly living under the same roof for the past 18 years." And there went her wild imagination again.

"I doubt that," I told her frankly.

She shrugged. "Would have made for a killer story though." She snorted as she laughed. "Ha! Killer story, get it? Because I said he could be a serial killer? Jesus Christ I'm good." I raised a brow as she wiped an invisible tear from her eye and went back to cutting out paper.

Sighing, I spun the wheely chair I was sitting on in circles. If we weren't really related that would make things so much easier.

"Hey," I said, ceasing my swinging and looking at my friend sitting across from me. I paused to consider how I would word what I was about to say. "I was reading this book a while back... it was about these two siblings and was it implied that one of them liked the other in a romantic way. I never read to the end but do you think it would be good if they ended up together? The two siblings I mean." I couldn't really look her in the eye while I spoke.

She took her time before responding. "So you're asking me if I'm supportive of incestuous relationships?"

I nodded, slowly. "Yeah... I guess."

"Is this about you and Alastair?"

I almost fell out of chair. "No! Like I said, it was just a book I read but never finished. You reminded me of it just now, that's all."

"Oh, well in that case..." she tapped the scissors against her chin as she thought, "no I don't think they should be together. They're siblings. That's a little disturbing."

I felt my fingers twitch and tightened my grip on the backing of the chair I leant over. "Yeah, you're probably right. That's what I was thinking too. They're siblings, it's weird. They shouldn't be together."

She was totally right.

"Well just think about it," Brianna explained. "Imagine if you and Alastair had sex." I forced a laugh at words, pulling my white blond hair across my face in embarrassment. "See? It just doesn't sound right. Its like if I were to sleep with Zac-"

The window in Brianna's room suddenly opened and in toppled Zac Stanley. "You called?" He said coolly, picking himself up from the floor.

Brianna hissed as she got off her bed and stalked toward Zac. He was straightening his clothes after his graceful entrance. "Why and how did you even get over here?" She demanded, hands on her hips.

Brianna Larsen and Zachary Stanley were childhood friends that happened to live across from each other - literally, as in their windows almost exactly lined up.