LOVE BITES Chapter 41 : Creatures of Darkness

A/N: so literally all of you voted on a double update... some even yelled at me and that was terrifying so here it is! Enjoyyy ;)

Chapter 41 : Creatures of Darkness

Using her good hand Chloe tucked the brown hair hanging loose in front of her eyes behind her ears. As she did, a droplet of blood fell to the floor, discolouring her spotless cream carpet.

"Shit." She crooked her hand at me, urging for the cloth in my own to be chucked over already.

But I just stared at the blood stain on the floor.

Red.

It was a delicious colour. One that my body was remembering all too well.

I closed my eyes, breathing in deeply. The scent of her fresh blood filled my nostrils. It was overwhelming to the point it was almost sickening. I hadn't smelt something so glorious in such a long time, practically tasting it on my tongue already. Sweet. It was thirst quenching. My mouth grew wet just imagining the warm liquid trailing down the inside of my throat and fuelling my body.

I wanted it. Needed it.

Now.

Fighting it wasn't even an option. The door to the beast's cage didn't simply open; it exploded, shattering into a million tiny pieces, and the beast within tore free from my mind. I took over, hollering and making itself known. Furious and crazy. I couldn't keep it down, couldn't reign control.

I was lost.

"Nikki," Chloe said in irritation, shaking her hand out to me. "Hurry up! I'm bleeding all over the floor. Dad's going to kill me," she groaned.

My eyes flew open, a blazing electric blue. "Not before I do," I said in a hollow, broken voice.

She lifted her gaze, brows furrowed in question at my almost slurred words. Her emerald green eyes widened at the last second. Taking a measly step back she was too late. I was upon her before she could run, a sharp hiss slipping between the sharp fangs that'd elongated to deadly points behind my lips.

I went directly for her neck, feeling the air shift around us. She opened her mouth to scream but no sound came out. The tears welling in her eyes spilled but didn't slip down her cheeks. They stopped, as did the thrashing of her heart and everything about her. That was when I knew time had ceased normality and for some reason, that greatly angered me.

"I want you to hurt!" I whined in a voice that didn't sound like my own. "You can't enjoy it like this!"

The strength I had was unearthly. I gripped the collar of her checkered shirt and hurled her through the air. Everything sped up. Her body collided with the wall opposite of us with such ferocity it took my off guard, but only for a moment. She collapsed onto a cabinet below, the wood crashing beneath the weight of her fall. Precious pictures were knocked off the wall, cracking on impact as they clattered to the floor, pictures distorted.

Coughing, Chloe struggled to her feet. Her hair was a mess, falling in tangled locks of dark brown around her freckled face. The wall was her anchor as she stood on trembling knees and stared at me in horror. Her mistake. With her hand still covered in blood, she smeared it across the wall unknowingly. The bright colour stood out against the white background and heightened my lust for hunger.

Eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, devour.

"W-what are you?" She whispered, her voice breaking.

I grinned, disappearing amidst curling black smoke only to reappear in a rush mere inches from her face. She jumped, a cry dying out in her throat as she pressed herself into the wall, eyes wide in terror.