18- Trapped

Nwanyieze's POV:

I'm pleased about my early submission of assignments the following Monday morning. In the lecture hall with its high ceilings and peeling yellow walls, half the class is dozing off because it's seven thirty in the morning and everyone hates early morning lectures. If not for this assignment, half the class would still be sprawled or curled up in bed, snoring deeply.

I always make it a point to attend early morning lectures because the lecturers tend to set questions based on the topics that half the class will miss. It's like their revenge for absenteeism.

"Queen," says the lecturer, Mr. Adeyemo. He is a tall, lanky man with his face in a perpetual frown. I haven't seen him smile or laugh since the first time I walked into his class at the start of this semester.

"Sir?" I reply in a soft voice.

"See me in my office after this class."

"Yes, Sir."

When he leaves the class, I notice that most of my course mates are looking at me. Because I don't have much friends, I act oblivious to their glances and side comments.

"He don catch this one," one of the girls snickers to her friend. He has caught this one.

"He will tear her up."

"Chai, this man dey too chop girls." This man gets a lot of girls.

Ignoring the comments, I walk out of the class and move towards Mr. Adeyemo's office. It's located at the end of the Arts building, on the first floor. After knocking, I let myself in.

He is seated behind his desk, chin in hand as his eyes fix on me.

"Good morning, sir," I greet, even though I greeted him along with the rest of the class when he walked in to lecture us earlier this morning.

"Have a seat."

I obey.

"I've been watching you, Queen," he tells me in his scratchy voice.

I don't reply, but look at my fingers in my lap. I have heard a lot about this man, how he gets female students to sleep with him with threats that he will fail them and have them coming back an extra year or more for his course.

"You're always so quiet in my class."

A small smile from me. My heart hammers in my chest, my palms start to sweat and I pray that all he's called me to his office for is to shower me with praises on my diligence and commitment to his course.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

I shake my head no.

"Why?"

"Nothing, sir."

Because you don't need one, a small voice in my head says.

"Saving your virginity for marriage?" he asks in a mocking voice.

Silence.

"Well, Queen, I like you, and to avoid beating round the bush, you failed my test."

It feels like someone just hit me in my gut. I remember the sleepless nights I had spent preparing for his test, and how easy it had seemed to me and how pleased I had been after the paper. In fact, I had given myself a treat at Coldstone Creamery, GRA Ikeja with a huge cup of strawberry, vanilla and cheesecake icecream topped with crushed waffles and Smarties!

"How is that possible, sir?" I almost yell.

Mr. Adeyemo chuckles, not bothered by my outburst.

"Sir, I want to see my script," I demand. Anger unfurls inside the pit of my stomach like a snake and bares it's fangs.

"So you mean I don't know what I marked, eh?" he questions in a very angry voice.

Yes, you randy old man.

"I didn't say that, sir. Maybe you made some mistakes. I'm sure if the Exams and Records could go through-"

"I am part of the Exams and Records.," he says almost triumphantly.

I'm stunned into silence.

"You're the silent but wild type, aren't you? To cut it short, because I like you, I'll help you."

Now, I sleep with whom ever I want to sleep with for money, but I do not like being forced or pushed to a corner. If I didn't like a prospective customer, I waved him off because I knew better ones would come. And because I don't like him, I don't imagine myself in bed with this evil man.

"I'll pass you if you give me one night with you."

Can you expect something, dread it, and yet still be shocked when it happens?

A/N: Thank God I never jammed any of this kind of lecturer.
Mehn I've been too busy to write except prowl Wattpad once in a while. Started lectures yay! Missing you guys!