31- Discovery

Nwanyieze's POV~

We settle on the floor of his living room because I told him I very much prefer sitting on the rug, which is soft and fluffy. Maduka indulges me, but spreads table mats before the meal is set.

Our food smells divine, and my mouth waters at the thought of sinking my teeth into a hot, spicy chicken thigh. I contemplate on eating in a ladylike manner tonight, but push the thought aside. Nothing will stop me from filling my belly tonight.

Yes, I am a foodie.

"Oh my gosh, yes," I moan after a bite of chicken.

"It's delicious," Maduka compliments me between bites of chicken and mouthfuls of spaghetti and stew.

"Teamwork makes the dream work."

"No, you did most of the work."

"Only because you burned your fingers."

He flicks his tongue out across his lower lip and then sucks in a breath through his mouth. My eyes linger there for a moment.

"Somebody's a little distracted," Maduka drawls.

"That was how we burned some of the spaghetti," I grumble, forcing my eyes back to my place of food.

That kiss had been out of this world. The moment he'd placed me on that counter, stepped between my legs, and pulled me so close to him that out chests were touching, I thought I'd melt.

I thought I'd freaking melt.

He smelled so nice, of soap and citrus and a scent I can't describe, so masculine I'd probably be better off describing it as Man.

The thought makes me laugh out loud.

"What?"

I look up and there he is, licking his fingers one after the other, eyes boldly gazing at me.

"Not your business," I retort. I have no plans of letting him see that his effect on me runs deep.

He chuckles, a deep sound that pleases my ears.

"A girl likes a man."

I burst out laughing and he watches me. "You too? Game of Thrones?"

"Definitely."

I myself am a Game of Thrones fan, and I only watch when Adanna and Mama Uju have gone to sleep in their room with their door shut tight so the television won't bother them.

"Who is your favourite character?" I ask.

"Tyrion Lannister."

I clap my hands sticky hands excitedly. "This is the best thing I've heard all day."

"Truly I say to you, if Tyrion ever dies, Game of Thrones is over."

"The same goes for Cersei."

Maduka nods in agreement. Suddenly we go into a discussion/argument session, talking back and forth about the conspiracy theories. Jon Snow is a Targaryen, Bran is the past version of the Three-eyed Raven, The Starks have hidden powers over winter and the White Walkers...

Everything is going fine until I accidentally rub my eye with my hand...and hiss in pain.

In my haste to get up and run into the kitchen, I trip on the hem of my buba and fall onto the floor with a loud thud, hitting my shoulder and the side of my head. Confused and not knowing which pain to concentrate on, I lie there for a second, dazed. Maduka is helping me up, calling my name.