Chapter 7 - Landon

No matter what happens, some memories can never be erased.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The Next Morning~

Josie's POV

I walked into the furniture store, smiling as I did so. I've always liked decorating, and I was looking forward to decorating our new house. I still needed to figure out a color scheme, then figure out how much space we wanted and...

    My thoughts were interrupted when my phone dinged, signaling I had received a text. I pulled it out of my purse and read the message.

Please don't get anything pink.

I giggled as I read the text Kenny had sent me, then replied to it before putting my phone back into my purse.

I walked over to the couch section first. I pulled my notebook out of my purse and started jotting down the model names and prices.

"Still organized as ever." A voice came.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked, not looking up from my notebook.

"Well. You're certainly more sassy then before." He said.

I turned around and looked at him. "Landon, it's been ten years. Did you honestly think I'd be the same naïve teenager?" I asked.

    Landon was silent as he watched me.

   "Josie!" I heard a yell.

   I turned around and smiled as Missy ran over to hug me. "Hey Missy." I said.

    "My mommy said I could give you a hug." She announced.

   I smiled and hugged her. "I'm glad she did. I'll see you on Friday, ok?"

   Missy nodded before running off.

   "Well, you haven't changed as much as you think." Landon said. "You're still just as beautiful and just as kind as you were."

   I looked at him. "Landon, what do you want? You knew I lived here. It wasn't just a stop to play." I said.

   Landon took a step closer to me. "If I told you, that would take to fun out of everything." He whispered.

    I didn't say anything as I finished writing down one of the couches.

   "Come on Josie. I can't come back to see you?" Landon asked.

I smiled. "I would have been glad if you did that. I was hoping you would, but weeks passed, then months passed, and now ten years have passed." I said.

"Landon!" I heard a voice call.

I glared at him, then turned around.

"Oh, there you are! You really shouldn't run away from me like that." The girl said.

She looked over at me. "Oh! Josie! It's been too long!" She said cheerily.

I glared at her. "It's only been two months, Ira." I said coldly.

   Ira giggled. "Too long to remember!" She said, then turned to Landon.

   "Landon, the ottomans are all the way in the back and I can't reach the one I would like. Could you help me?" She asked sweetly.

   "Right behind you." Landon said, then followed Ira to the back of the store.

   I looked at the piece of paper Landon had dropped, then picked it up and read it.

   Josie-
I'm sorry for the lost time. Please meet me at Freckles tomorrow at noon.
   -Landon

   I frowned at the paper, then put it into my pocket as I moved on to look at the bedroom furniture.

Familiar Facesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें