Chapter 13 - Date - Part 2

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Josie's POV

   "Just park here." I said as Landon pulled into the driveway of my new house.

   "You have the groceries?" Landon asked as he turned off the engine.

   "Yep!"  I said, opening my door and getting out of the truck.

   "Great." Landon said.

   I smiled and walked up the front steps, then put the key in the lock and opened the front door.

   "Come on in." I invited as I walked over to the kitchen.

   "This home is beautiful." Landon said as he followed me.

   I nodded. "I love it. My editor sold it to us." I said.

    "Your editor?" Landon asked.

   I pulled the loaf of bread out of the bag and opened it up. "Yeah. I'm an author." I said.

   Landon sat down. "So have you written any best sellers?" He asked.

   I laughed. "Nope." I said, buttering both sides of four pieces of bread.

   "Someday you will. Then you'll be a famous author." He replied.

   I smiled. "Probably not. So, you're in a band now? I asked as I pulled the griddle out of the cabinet.

   Landon shrugged. "Yeah. We were just four French guys jamming out by the Eiffel Tower when some guy who owned a record label heard us."

    I listened to Landon's story as I put the griddle on the stove and turned on the burner.

   "He had us come into his studio and burn a demo. The day after we did that, he called us and offered us a record deal, and the rest is history." Landon finished.

   "That's pretty cool. So do you travel all over?" I asked.

   "Not too much. We mostly stay in the states and France." Landon replied.

"Cool." I said again.

Landon shrugged. "I like it." He said. "How about you? Do you travel a lot?" He asked.

"Not much. Down to Pennsylvania a dozen times a year, occasional trips to see my aunt." I said.

"How is she doing?" Landon asked.

   "She's old and cranky." I replied, "So nothing has changed."

   Landon chuckled. "She is something. And I don't mean that in a nice way." He said.

   "Yeah. Soup and sandwiches are ready." I announced.

   "Did you burn them?" Landon asked.

   I glared at him. "No." I said. "I did not."

   Kenny's POV

   "Lilac, did I just hear the doorbell?" I asked, looking at the puppy in my lap.

    The doorbell rang again, and I sighed and set Lilac down on the couch.

   I walked over to the door and opened it. "Can I help you?" I asked.

   The woman standing there studied me for a moment before replying. "Does Josie Barris live here?" She asked.

   "Why do you need to know?" I asked her.

   "Well, for a start that little weasel is trying to trick my man into getting back together with her." The woman replied.

   I studied her for a moment. "Well, Ida, I'm sure that if you would have told Landon that you like him he wouldn't have gone out with her."

    She glared at me. "How do you knew my name, how do you know Landon's name and where is Josie?" She asked.

    I chuckled. "I don't know for sure. I just know that Landon begged her to go on a date with him, and she reluctantly accepted." I paused before continuing. "I'd suggest you leave my apartment."

She glared at me. "This isn't over. Josie is not going to steal my man and get away with it." She said.

"Ok." I said, then smirked before slamming the door in her face.

"Well, I took care of that trash." I muttered to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go Landon!
If y'all haven't already, please go check out my new book, The 25 Cupcakes of Christmas. I'll be posting everyday until Christmas!