Chapter 16 - Moving In - Part 2

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Josie's POV

   "Did you see the house?" Kenny asked Missy as he walked in.

"Yeah! It's so big Daddy!" Missy replied happily.

Kenny picked her up and swung her around, making me giggle.

"All right you two, playtime is over. We need to get the furniture moved on so we can go to the store and get Missy some furniture for her bedroom." I said.

Kenny set Missy down. "Okay. The other couch goes right here, so let's go get that." He said.

I nodded and Missy and I followed him out to the truck.

Kenny opened the trunk door, then pulled out the ramp. "Missy, why don't you carry this bag of blankets." He suggested, handing Missy a bag that had a couple blankets in it.

"It's heavy, but I think I can carry it because I'm strong. Where does it go?" Missy asked.

"You can put it in the coat closet for now." I told her.

Missy nodded and started walking to the house, bag in hand.

"Okay, I've got this side." Kenny told me, picking up one side of the couch.

I hopped over some of the other furniture in the truck and grabbed the other end of the couch. "I've got it." I said.

About two hours later, we had emptied the UHaul. There were boxes scattered all over the house, and things weren't necessarily where they belonged, but we had emptied the UHaul.

"Now we go to the store!" Missy cheered, jumping up and down in the back of the UHaul.

I laughed and picked her up. "Yep, but we have to get you buckled up in the car." I said to her.

Missy frowned at me.

I turned to Kenny. "I'll meet you at Home Depot." I said.

Kenny nodded. "Sounds good. I'll swing by the garage and pick up the bed tables we left in there on the way." He replied.

When Missy and I got to the store, Kenny wasn't there yet; but that didn't stop Missy.

"Josie, can I get a pink bed?" Missy asked me, jumping up and down in excitement.

"I think we will get you a wooden bed." I told her. "But maybe we can get some pink sheets."

Missy thought for a moment, then nodded, accepting my suggestion.

"Are my girls ready for some shopping?" Kenny asked, coming up behind us.

"Yes. Josie said I can get pink sheets." Missy relayed to her father.

Kenny nodded. "That sounds like a plan. Why don't you and Josie go pick out some curtains and sheets while I go get a bed?" He offered.

Missy put her hand in mine. "Ok Daddy. But don't get a blue bed. I don't like blue." She informed him.

Kenny grinned. "I'll make sure it's not blue." He said, then walked off to the furniture section.

"Josie?" Missy asked, looking around as we walked over to the bedding section.

"Yes?"

"What are sheets and curtains?"

"Sheets are covers, they go on your bed, and curtains cover up your window." I told her.

"Ok. Can I get pillows too?" Missy asked.

I laughed. "Yes, pillows too." I agreed.