Chapter 15 - Moving In - Part 1

Life's challenges are not suppose to paralyze you, they're suppose to help you discover who you are.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~A couple days later~

Josie's POV

   "Missy, you really need to settle down." I said to the girl, not really meaning it though.

   We were moving into the new house today, and it was just the three of us. Missy hasn't seen the house yet, so she is especially excited.

   "It's hard! Is the house pretty?" Missy asked me from the backseat.

   I giggled. "Well I don't know. You'll have to be the judge of that." I answered her.

   "Is it big?" Missy asked as she looked out the car window, watching our old neighborhood pass by.

   "Well, it's about the size of your grandparents house." I replied, turning onto our street.

   "That's big." Missy said, then picked up the doll that sat next to her. "My doll is excited." She commented.

   "Here we are!" I announced as I drove into our new driveway.

   Missy's eyes lit up. "It's like a fairytale house!" She said.

   I laughed as I parked the car. "It is beautiful. We can go inside and you can explore while we wait for your dad to get here with the U haul." I said, getting out of the car.

   Missy undid her seatbelt and grabbed her doll before getting out of the car and following me to the front door.

   "Josie, why are the steps blue?" Missy asked, looking down at the steps.

   I shrugged. "They were that way when we bought the house. We are going to paint them gray." I replied as I inserted the key into the doorknob.

   "But gray is a boring color." Missy protested.

   I turned the doorknob, and then opened the door. "Well, then you'll have to talk to your dad." I said, walking into the house.

   Missy followed me in, her eyes wide with excitement. "It's so big!" She exclaimed.

   I laughed and looked around the house. It actually wasn't that big compared to the house I had grown up in; but to Missy, who had always lived in an apartment, it must look pretty big.

   "Do I get my own room like at Mommy's house?" Missy asked me.

   I smiled and walked down the hallway. "Yep, you do. Right here." I said as I opened the door to her room.

   Missy ran down the hall and into the room. "Oh!" She gasped when she saw it.

   "Is it ok?" I asked her.

   "It's so pretty! The walls are color!" Missy exclaimed.

   I laughed again. "Well, that's good. We painted them yellow just for you. And after we get all the furniture moved in, we are going to go shopping and get you a bed." I told her.

   Missy turned around and squeezed me into a big hug. "Thank you taken you thank you!" She said.

   I smiled and picked her up. "You're very welcome. Not let's go check and see if the UHaul is here." I suggested.

   Missy nodded. "And Daddy." She added.

   "And your daddy." I agreed.