Chapter 12 - Date - Part 1

Think positive because thoughts are like the steering wheel that moves our life in the right direction
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The Next Day~

Josie's POV

"Kenny! Have you seen my denim jacket?" I called.

"Didn't you pack it already?" Kenny said, standing in the doorway of my room.

"I don't know! Why am I going on my first date when we are in the process of moving?" I asked, too frustrated to notice Kenny had left the room.

I looked at my dress in the mirror, admiring the green color.

"Here." Kenny said.

I turned around to see Kenny holding out my jacket.

"Thank you! Where was it? How did you find it?" I asked, putting it on quickly before surveying my shoes.

"I remembered which box you packed it in." Kenny replied. "And I would go with the gold ones."

    I slipped my feet into the heels, and then did a twirl.

   "You look amazing babe." Kenny said.

   I smiled. "Thanks."

    I walked over to the mirror on my door and started applying my makeup.

    "I really hope it works out this time." Kenny said as he sat down on the bed.

   I smiled as I selected a light peach eyeshadow. "So do I." I said.

   "If he hurts you, I will hurt him." Kenny said.

   "You will not do such a thing. You have a daughter to be thinking of." I said as I brushed on some blush.

"Yeah, well..." Kenny trailed off.

I turned around. "How do I look? Did I go overboard on the makeup?" I asked.

"You look gorgeous." He said.

I grinned and grabbed a couple gold bracelets just as the apartment doorbell rang.

"Don't you dare." I said to Kenny, then put the bracelets on as I walked over to the door.

"Don't I dare what?" Kenny called from my bedroom.

"Anything!" I called back, then opened the door.

    "You look great." Landon said to me.

   I smiled. "Thanks." I said, picking up Lilac.

    "Are you ready to go?" Landon asked.

   "Yes, just let me put Lilac in her kennel." I replied, walking over to the living room.

    "Don't worry girl, you'll be fine." I whispered to the puppy as I set her in the kennel.

   I walked back to the door, and followed Landon out of my apartment building.

   "Where do you want to go?" Landon asked me.

    "Wherever you like is fine with me." I replied.

   Landon chuckled. "I don't know what's around." He said, opening the passenger door for me.

    "What if we go to the grocery store and buy ingredients to make something?" I asked, getting into the truck.

    "That sounds great, but I don't have a kitchen." Landon said, then closed my door.

   I giggled. "We can go over to my house if you don't mind a mess." I said.

    "Since you are living in an apartment, I'm assuming you're moving into this house?" Landon asked as he got into the drivers seat of his truck.

   "Yes, Kenny and I are moving in as soon as we get everything situated." I said.

   Landon started up the truck. "How long have you known Kenny?" He asked.

   "Nine, almost ten years. We met in collage." I replied.

   Landon smiled. "You must get along pretty well if you've been friends for that long." He said.

   I smiled. "For the most part we do." I replied.

   Landon pulled into the grocery store parking lot. "I assume you know what to get." He said.

   I opened my door and hopped out of the truck. "Yeah. Ingredients to the one meal I can make." I said.

   Landon laughed. "I'll assume Kenny is a cook then." He said.

    I nodded. "He can usually save the dishes I mess up too." I said. "So that's helpful."

    Landon chuckled. "What if you mess this one up?" He asked.

    "It's pretty hard to mess up grilled cheese and tomato soup." I said. "But if I do, we can figure something else out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guys, I am SO sorry I wasn't able to post Tuesday. The wi-fi at my house was out, and I wasn't able to get anywhere to get wi-fi to post. So enjoy this chapter, and I may or may not have a surprise for y'all later today! <3