Ready Set(h) Punch

It was a warm evening. Ethan, Dakota, Max, Ruth and I were driving to the bowling-center. Dakota was driving, since my car broke-down. She had the nicer one anyway. Ethan's and Dakota's parents were loaded, and having rich friends came in handy, not gonna lie.

"Why's Ruth sitting in the front seat again?" Ethan pressed on for the third time that evening, after Max had accidentally elbowed him in the ribs.

"I was the first one to call shot-gun," I reminded my friend, who was currently being squished between Max and me.

"Huh, I'm her boyfriend," Max interjected from the other side.

Ethan sighed, "I'm starting to hate this girl power crap."

We drove for a few more minutes. Dakota's flat singing to I Don't Want To Miss a Thing by Aerosmith was filling the car. No one seemed as bothered as her brother. A few minuted passed, when Max asked Dakota to stop the car, for he had to use the restroom.

"Can't you hold it in a little longer?" Dakota wondered.

Her brother's eyebrows fell in an unimpressed manner, "Can't you hold in that bad singing and spare our ears?"

"Careful, before I make him piss into your cap, bro," she threatend.

I laughed at Ethan's expression, as he adjusted the bulls cap on his messy brown hair.

Much to Max's and Ethan's relief too, I spotted a roadhouse. Dakota's boyfriend practically sprinted out of the car, the moment she had parked the car. One thing was for sure, he was taking his sweet time, which caused Dakota to grow impatient. I however didn't really care. I spent the time talking to Ruth about everything and nothing. I could talk with this girl on and on without getting tired of it.

"What's taking him so long?" Dakota exclaimed, cutting our conversation off.

"Seems like he's taking a huge dump," I said with a smirk and crossed arms. I leaned back in my seat, before Ruth turned back around. I caught a glimpse of her smile though.

"The biggest dump in history, apparently," Dakota replied, throwing her hands up from the steering wheel. "That boy shits whole mountains, I tell you!"

"Huh," Ethan hummed. "I just noticed that dump rhymes with Trump..."

I raised an eyebrow at him,"I gotta say, for the smart one in our group, you're pretty slow, dude."

"Which makes you even slower."

"Touche, my friend. Touche."

Once we arrived at the bowling-center, Ruth made one strike after the other. I had never seen her so happy before. It made something in my chest quiver in happiness, seeing her smile and jump a little every time she struck all those bowling-pins, and I still did not really know why.

I'll admit, I acted kinda clumsy, so that she'd try to help me out.

I threw the ball in an awkward manner, making Ruth laugh. And that was my goal. She stood right behind me, since it was her turn. I smirked a little, but my eyes stayed tender, "Can you teach me?"

She nodded almost eagerly, "Why of course, Cory!"

But she never got to show me. I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned around, I saw Seth standing in front of me. My eyebrows instantly fell.

"Bowling with your idiots and your," he paused, a smirk creeping on his lips. "Step-sister?"

"Right."

"Oh my god," I heard Dakota groan from where she was sitting. "Beat it, bitch!"

Seth completely ignored her. He continued smirking at me. He stared at me for a few seconds, before the smirk on his face turned into a sour grimace. "She is not your step-sister," he stated slowly. "I think you forgot that your mom's my mom's neighbor."

I gave him an unimpressed look.

"Your mom's currently single as fuck," he said.

"I don't have fucking time for this, dude!"

His glances fell on Ruth and that was enough to make me even more pissed. I knew that nothing good could come out of it. I was ready to jump at him - all it took was one fucking move, I did not like.

"There's something odd about her, and I will find out what it is," he mumbled.

Ruth let out a breath. "I certainly believe that you are the odd fellow. Now, be so kind and stop harrassing my dear friends."

He snorted, "You're threatening me?"

"That I do," she nodded.

He let out an irritated chuckle, "Listen here, ni--" Ruth's fist collided with his dumb face.