Ruthless World

Ethan blamed himself for his skills. Dakota blamed herself for not letting her brother try the life serum on Elvis' grave, like originally planned. I was to blame for choosing a random grave and getting attached to my angel.

The room fell into silence, Ethan's sobs drowning.

Taking out my phone with shaky hands, I stared at nothing, my vision getting blurry from the tears. But I felt nothing.

"Cory," I heard Dakota whisper.

"Ruth, baby," I said shakily into the phone. The voice didn't seem to belong to me. "Please just come. I need you right now."

A few seconds later she walked in.

"But you're crying, my love. What's wrong?" she asked worriedly, running over to me, pushing herself into my weak body.

"Baby? How are you feeling?" My voice cracked, sobs coming through.

"I'm fine, a little tired maybe," she replied, looking up at me, her arms tightly around me. "But why are you crying, baby?" she asked me. "Don't cry, or I'll cry too."

"I'm... just so happy," I lied, breaking down onto my knees, sobbing.

I felt like dying.

She looked down at the weak figure on her feet.

"Why is that?" she asked, trying to smile.

"Cause I have you," I sobbed in pain, feeling my heart being ripped out of my ribcage.

"Let's lay down a for a while," she suggested, kneeling down next to me. "Okay, love? It's been an exhausting day for the both of us."

I nodded, my head resting against her knees.

We layed in my bed for quite some while.

Ethan and Dakota had left us alone.

I played with her pretty hair, not bearing to listen to her heartbeat. Shutting my eyes close, I felt the tears rolling down. Her soft breathing told me, that she had fallen asleep.

"Don't leave me," I whispered shakily.

.

It's been two days since she vanished in my arms.

Two days, since I've been sitting on my bed.