Eight ; Unknown ID

The human face is, after all, is no more nor less than a mask.

Ishiko stared at her phone blankly, no hint of fear clouding her pupils despite the chilling message that lay within.

From Unknown : I've never seen you before

From Unknown : !#$%We are#%#$^going to have lots of 4%#$^ fun ^^

Was she supposed to be scared? People buzzed around her like flies, avoiding bumping into her as they scurried along the sidewalk. Ishiko had been walking around the city, tailing another target when she received the message. The assassin quickly cornered her target in a dark alleyway, knife against her throat as she typed a reply with one hand.

To Unknown : I look forward to it ^^

The woman in which Ishiko was to kill squirmed under her grip, trying to avoid the sharpened edges that threatened to break skin. "Don't kill me, Please!" she begged, a sob catching in her throat. "I h-have a little girl! She needs me!" Ishiko payed no mind to her pleas as she brought her hand back. "Don't you have a heart?!" the woman cried out, scrunching her eyes closed, waiting for the inevitable end that the blue haired girl was to deliver.

Ishiko's stone cold gaze went blank as she halted her sideways arc at the woman's throat. "A...heart...?" She murmured with brows furrowed in confusion. All her life, she had been trained to lock away this thing called a heart. The training agents at Requiem crushed the tiniest idea of feelings other than loyalty; to them nothing else mattered. Ishiko never even pondered the idea of the heart, much less knew what it felt like. Even now, as she stood there with brows furrowed and eyes blank, she was just confused.

But what if...I want a heart?

Pain suddenly erupted within her cranium like a firework sprinkling in the sky. A hiss of annoyance slipped passed her clenched teeth as she placed her hands on her head. The woman quivered in shock and fear as she watched the girl wreath in pain, but she didn't dwell upon it any longer. It was her only opportunity to get away. Of course she was going to take it. But as soon as she had launched herself with the spring in her heel, Ishiko had grabbed a hold of the woman and slid the blade hidden in her sleeve across her throat. Her eyes were cold again. Just like her heart.

The assassin quickly propped the body upwards and dragged her to the back where the cleaning crew waited. She could dispose of the body herself, but Ishiko felt that the woman would spring back to life and accuse her of all her wrongs. A silly fear, but nonetheless, it was hers. She barely paid any mind to the men dressed as janitors before disappearing into the crowed once more, shedding her suit jacket and tucking it under her armpit.

Little did she know that someone had been watching her, his faux green hues examining the entire thing. A grin tugged at his lips as he giggled, causing the jacket that hung halfway down his arm to shake. " My savior will be pleased if I bring her in, but I like her... I want to play with her. " he muttered, pocketing his black cellphone that had recorded the scene. "Surely my Savior will not mind... I've been a good boy."

He twisted strands of white hair dipped in pink between his thumb and first finger as he stood there. He liked Ishiko, she wasn't like the others in the RFA. She even told him that she wanted to play too! Another giggle bubbled in his throat as he stepped away, allowing himself to drown in the sea of ordinary people.

"Kiri? How did you get my number, it's super classified!!" Seven exclaimed, ignoring the flutter in his chest. "You had it written on the back of your hand, I saw it in the cafe." she replied with what could be described as vague boredom. The red haired male hummed, spinning around in his chair as he held the cell to his ear. "Whaa~ do you have photographic memory?" He asked, a grin spreading on his face. There was a bit of shuffling on the other end --  the sound of a door opening and closing. Briefly, Seven thought that Ishiko was at that restaurant where he had seen her with Tanaka. His hands instinctively went to his keyboard to trace a signal, but quickly remembered that no matter what he did, he couldn't find anything on Kiri.

"Yes I do. "

"Whew, that means you won't ever forget me ~" He had received another clue about Kiri, she has photographic memory. Seven made a quick mental note. Ishiko pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. Unfortunately, She thought to herself. The female assassin grabbed a pen and paper, sitting at the island in her kitchen. "I have a question, Seven. Have you ever encountered someone called 'Unknown'? " She inquired, sketching the Mint Eye symbol as she waited. Seven was confused, Unknown? "Nope, never heard of them. Did they contact you? " He asked in reply.

"Yes. But if you have no information I must hang up now," Ishiko stated, completely disregarding the fact that Kiri was relatively informal when talking to others. The hacker frowned in disappointment. He wanted to talk to her more, and even though he wouldn't admit it, he really loved listening to her voice. To him, it was like listening to the river flowing down stream, like a piano caressed by soft notes that were crafted from delicate fingertips. Yeah, he definitely wasn't admitting it.

"But I wanna talk to you a little bit more~Your voice is so soothing."

Immediately his hand came flying to his mouth and a light blush splashed his pale skin. I did the exact thing I said I wouldn't do! He practically screamed in his head. "..." Ishiko stayed silent on the other end, brow raised in...surprise? No one had actually told her that her voice was soothing and they actually wanted to hear her talk more. But the longer she stayed silent, the more Luciel freaked out on the other end. "Uh, Uh! I mean that I really like your voice? No, uh, I mean you have a really pretty face and your voice is like an angel - NO! Okay I'm going to hang up now, bye!" He quickly hit the red button to hang up and threw his phone across the room. God, why am I so stupid?

It felt as if his face was on fire, and he couldn't understand why. Ishiko brought a gloved hand to her own cheeks, brows creased in confusion and worry. What was this...? When she pulled her hand away there were no scorch marks, but she was sure she felt something on her cheeks. Something she had never felt before. Deep within her, Ishiko craved the feeling again, whatever it was.

But the more pressing matter was finding out who exactly Unknown was. The only thing she knew for sure was that they were affiliated with Mint Eye, which was perfect for Ishiko. It meant less work. Soon, she would begin infiltration into the organization; but first she needed to establish a bond with one of their operatives. A sigh passed her pink lips as she placed her head in her hand, gazing out the window and to the city below.

Oh how she wished to fly away.

🌥