Twenty ; Prometheus Effect

"Oh my god! " It was the only thing he could say as his eyes widened tremendously. His first instinct was to reel back at the sight of blood, but training he received from the agency had kicked in, thus making him stand rigidly in his spot. Hyun-a had just stabbed herself in front of him.

An assortment of curses left his mouth as he ran forward, catching her by her shoulders as she slumped to her knees with a grunt. "What the hell Hyun-a?!" Luciel barked. "Are you stupid? Why did you just up and stab yourself! People die when they get stabbed!" His large hands deftly unbuttoned the bottom of her blouse and suit jacket and applied pressure with the rag he was using to clean up the tea from earlier. Luciel's mind was whirring too fast for him to pay attention to the fact that he had just exposed her stomach—it wasn't right for the situation.

What he needed to do now was somehow stop the bleeding and keep Hyun-a awake. "Hey, hey! Don't close you're eyes alright?" He ordered.

He lurched for the first aid kit again, and fumbled around for the stitching needle within. If he could successfully close the wound then, if he was lucky, suture the wound closed. She had begun to shake which worried Luciel. But he quickly realized that she wasn't shaking from pain, but from laughter.

His brows knitted in confusion, his hands paused just before he was about to begin stitching her back up. Why was she laughing? Was she insane?

Luciel's momentary lapse disappeared when he saw her coughing up a bit of blood between her giggling, which had moved onto full blown laughter. " Aha! You see!" She exclaimed, throwing her arm over her eyes. Luciel frowned as he watched her. "It's useless, stitching me up! It'll do nothing. " Hyun-a was definitely crazy and it was beginning to piss Luciel off. "You're going to bleed to death...and you're laughing?" He hissed.

"Of course I'm laughing. I'm fine. I'm completely and utterly fine." she spat, a scowl tugging her lips as she lay on the ground. Luciel couldn't believe what he was hearing. She was definitely not fine, she was bleeding all over his carpet!

"Look at this," Hyun-a sat up and used the rag to wipe where the wound was roughly, which caused Luciel to widen his eyes (for what seemed to be the tenth time). "Hyun-a stop, you're irritating the wound and—"

He was left speechless when there was nothing but bare, smooth skin where the knife had pierced her. "What...?"

Hyun-a clicked her tongue and looked at herself in disgust. "I told you I'm a monster."

Luciel couldn't find the words to speak. He was still stupefied over the fact that the blue haired girl had basically regenerated. Hyun-a briefly glanced up at the male to gauge his reaction and wasn't surprised to see the look he had. She started laughing again, like she couldn't control herself. She laughed and laughed, ignoring the confused and ultimately concerned expressions Luciel portrayed.

She laughed until she started crying.

Tears spilled down her cheeks from sparkling grey eyes. Why was she like this? Why did she agree to go with Tanaka so easily when she was a child? Why was she so stupid? Her fingers dug into her skull as she rocked back and fourth, trying to deal with the tidal waves of emotion that had washed over her.

"I'm a monster..." she whispered hoarsely, eyes squeezed shut as she shut out everything from the outside world—falling into the dangerous depths of her mind. She kept repeating the line over and over, rocking and rocking. It was then that the red haired hacker snapped out of his daze and watched as Hyun-a broke down in front of him.

His brows creased as he shuffled forwards until his arms were around Hyun-a, picking her up so that she was positioned comfortingly in his lap. His hands gently took hers so that she stopped digging her hair, and so that he could gently stroke the light blue strands softly.

"You aren't a monster," He cooed reassuringly. "You are human. You are human and that's okay."

For some reason, his voice calmed her down. Like the very essence of who he was and what he was trying to communicated soothed her aching heart. "I'm not?" She asked, just to make sure his words weren't just lies. Luciel tilted her head up slightly by the chin, making sure to be very gentle with her. "I'm positive you aren't. Don't you trust me?"

His amber hues seemed to be glowing with emotion; sincerity, worry, and something else. Hyun-a nodded absently, in awe at the impossible color of his eyes. Were they always like this? Or were they fake?

She trusted him even though she shouldn't. A small lopsided smile tugged at Luciel's lips as he gazed at her. There was something buzzing inside him–a desire to keep her safe and happy for the rest of her life. He didn't really understand that feeling nor did he know how to express it. But perhaps now wasn't the time. Not when Hyun-a is so mentally fragile.

The blue haired girl closed her eyes tightly before burying her face in his chest. The hacker was shocked at her actions, since they were the last thing he would expect from a cold assassin like her, but he gladly accepted her.

As long as she was happy, even just for a little bit.

"It's called The Prometheus Effect. " she mumbled. Luciel rested his chin in the space between the crevice of her neck, listening intently to every word she said and every action she took. He really didn't want her to hurt herself again just to prove a point. "Which I find ironic. I assume you know the myth surrounding Prometheus?"

"He was sentenced to have his spleen eaten everyday by a giant eagle since he had the godly power to regenerate his limbs, right?"

Hyun-a nodded briefly. " whenever I am hurt, my cells are regenerated at a faster rate than normal. One of the "bonuses" of this is I don't feel pain. Nothing at all."

Luciel hummed to reassure that he was listening. His mind was taking in every detail and processing every word she said. "But the cons of this ability is the fact that I will die faster than I'm supposed too. There is a fixed amount of cells in the body that are used to regenerate body parts, and if I use them all..."

"...you die." He finished. He didn't like it one bit. Why would Hyun-a ever take part in an experiment like that?

"I-I've said too much," Hyun-a informed, " I'm sorry. If I continue he will kill you and then me."

" You mean Tanaka? He couldn't lay a finger on the defender of justice~" he hummed with a closed eye smile. The girl couldn't help but crack a small smile of her own, no matter how minuscule.

"I'm serious Luciel. He will find you and kill you, no matter how far you run or how well you hide. There's no escaping him." Hyun-a hissed. Just thinking about the fact made her blood boil. She wouldn't let Tanaka touch Luciel.

She blinked rapidly, what was she thinking? She couldn't have any ties. She couldn't have anything close to her—it was dangerous. She...was dangerous.

"I have to leave. I haven't finished my mission and I'm due back with successful reports tomorrow. Thank you Luciel...for accepting me. But I can't—I won't be here after tomorrow. I can't put you at risk anymore than I have." She said, standing and heading for the door, ignoring the look he gave her.

He held a hand out to stop her but she was just out of reach, like she always seemed to be.

Luciel's mind was strangely calm as he stared at her back longingly. Should he tell her? The thought caused him to clear his throat, catching the assassin's attention just as she was about to close the door.

"Call me...Saeyoung. Please."

The blue haired girl nodded, closing her stormy eyes. This was probably the last time they were going to see each other like this, so casual. In a days time she would be a ghost; the past he was never meant to have. But not for the reasons he most likely thought. Hyun-a had a dream, one she selfishly wanted to follow.

"Goodbye, Saeyoung."

Well that was a roller coaster wasn't it?
Anyways, a lot of you chose the AU/OVA thing so I'm going to need suggestions keke.
Also check out my new Haikyuu!! Story, These Photographs because I just posted it. If you want.

What's your favorite moment so far?

Thank you for reading!¡