Fifteen ; Vanderwood's advice

Seven wasn't someone people should be associated with. His life was dangerous--unpredictable and tragic. There were so many things that he's done that would make his friends, no, family look at him differently. He wanted so desperately to make everyone happy and keep the RFA from suspecting that there was something dark lurking within him. 

He couldn't help but feel like something worse than him was coming. 

"Oi, stop looking so depressed." The voice of a man in stylish clothes barked. The hacker blinked rapidly before shifting his gaze -- that was previously somewhere beyond worldly comprehension -- to the near bane of his existence. "I'm not depressed." He muttered in reply. The man raised a brow before settling himself on the sofa farthest away from Luciel. 

"I--"

"--don't say it. It's like everything you say is contradictory to whatever I say, Mrs. Vanderwood." Luciel interrupted before the other could even utter the second word of his sentence. It wasn't anything the red head hadn't heard from him before. Vanderwood clicked his tongue and crossed his arms. "Isn't that what I'm supposed to say? Geez. If you know what I'm going to say why don't you do it?" The man remarked. "And it's Agent Vanderwood."

Luciel rolled to his side and nearly fell halfway off the couch. "Because I don't want to listen to you~" he chimed with a lazy grin. A heavy sigh came from Vanderwood as he rested his head in his hand. "She's dangerous 707. The moment she walked into the room I knew--she's a killer. Have you seen her eyes? They're colder than the Boss'. " A little shiver ran up his spine as he recalled the exact moment him and Ishiko had locked eyes. A small frown took Luciel's lips, her eyes don't seem cold to me...they're lost. Just like me. 

Of course, he didn't voice his thoughts, he only shook his head. "Whatever, she's not gonna hurt the RFA anyways. She can't." He stated. "Don't tell me..." Vanderwood trailed with a look of disbelief and shock, "you're infatuated with her!" A warm sensation blanketed Luciel's cheeks as he turned away and buried his face in the fuzzy grey pillows. "I'm not!" He protested, although muffled. 

Vanderwood's expression settled into hidden concern as he stared at Luciel through narrowed eyes. "707," he warned while shifting to face him "she's dangerous. She could kill you and you're precious RFA family without batting an eye. Whether you want to face it or not--she has an agenda. If she's anything like what Requiem is rumored to be...your blindness is going to get you all killed.

Luciel stayed silent, his arms wrapped around the pillow tightly as he forced himself to stay sitting. Who does Vanderwood think he's talking too? The great 707, genius hacker and secret agent! He knew when someone was dangerous and Kiri, whoever she is, she wasn't dangerous in his eyes. "Thanks for the advice Mrs. Vanderwood, but Kiri isn't dangerous to the RFA."

"Do you even know her real name?" Vanderwood asked, crossing his arms. His eyes followed every movement of the other hacker as Luciel stood up and ruffled his hair in exasperation. "No! I don't know her real name. Does that matter? The RFA doesn't even know my real name. She's the same as me." Luciel objected. The brown haired male tilted his head in agreement. "That's true...gah! What do I have to do to get it through your thick skull that that girl is bad news? Seriously 707, I'm trying to look out for you here." He complained. 

"Well, you could start with buying me a new baby," Luciel purred with a mischievous grin, " I'll think about it then~"

Vanderwood stood up and shot the blankest look at the red haired hacker. "No." He refused bluntly. Luciel sighed, turning away from Vanderwood and moved towards the door to his room. "Luciel," the agent called causing the male to pause just before his hand could wrap around the handle, "I understand you like Kiri but please think over my words. If not for yourself, then for the RFA you keep so close to you. Gah, I hate saying this but I don't want to see you getting hurt unnecessarily." Vanderwood muttered.

Luciel simply raised his left hand and closed the door behind him. The moment he was alone again, he flopped onto his bed with his eyes to the ceiling. Is Vanderwood right? Am I interested in Kiri? Of course I am, she just popped up randomly in the RFA messenger app! Who wouldn't be interested? The hacker reasoned. And she's cute...but that can't just be me who thinks that right? Zen thinks she's an angel sent from heaven.

The thought of Zen liking Kiri made Luciel's stomach twist. Why was he suddenly feeling like this? He threw his arm over his eyes and groaned. But there's more to her than her looks! She has a few nervous ticks, like tapping her fingers in a specific pattern when she's thinking about something. She also has photographic memory...that's how she figured out where my house was. Oops. The sudden memory of the blue haired girl wearing his jacket and returning it to him popped up in his mind. She's also diligent and keeps her word. She didn't have to give the jacket back--not that I would complain though-- but she did.

Was Kiri really going to do something the hurt the RFA? No matter how much Luciel tried, he couldn't imagine it. Not that he wanted to though. To Luciel, Kiri wasn't someone to hurt anyone unless strictly needed...but what about her goals? Why was she with the RFA in the first place? 

He had to admit, he didn't know what Kiri was planning and he was a little concerned about that fact. But nonetheless--she won't hurt the RFA. The hacker didn't have any solid evidence on his assumption because it was more of a gut feeling. Whenever he gazed into her grey colored eyes he was met with a raging storm. But somewhere in there was a girl who seemed lost--someone without a real purpose. Luciel knew all too well what that felt like and he wanted to do everything he could to help her.

Even if it cost him his life.

⛅️

Holy crap, 18K?!?! I cannot express how happy I am! 

Thank you to everyone who is reading, commenting and voting. It means the world to me.

I'm so glad people enjoy this story. Thank you.

~ Sen