Thirty ; The Fall

The sensation of falling was...odd. 

Hyun-a had never stopped to think about the feeling it gave. It was like her stomach was in her ears and her heart was in her throat. It felt like forever as she stared up at the orange and navy blue sky. The stars were twinkling brightly in her eyes, as if they were sparkling with tears.

Tears...she hadn't realized that she was crying until she focused on the translucent drops of salty water falling just a second above her. Why was she crying, again? 

Ah, I left him behind, she thought dully. I'm falling. I'll hit the ground soon.

Everything seemed to be going by slowly. Hyun-a hadn't seen Saeyoung peeking over the edge like she had predicted. It's a good thing. He must have been held back by Zen. He needs to protect them.

This is the only way I can protect him.

It was the only way she could get Tanaka off his case. If she died he would just find someone else to torture, but at least it would be someone who wasn't involved with the RFA. If he figures it out...

The blue haired girl let out a soft sob as she fell. She couldn't hear anything over the wind in her ears, so she pretended no one else could hear her crying. Slowly, she closed her eyes allowing darkness to take over one last time. Briefly she imagined reaching out to Saeyoung and briefly...she imagined he had caught her.