Chapter 2: enter Encre

-TWO MORE ORDERS ON HOLD MISURE ENCRE!!!
-alright put them on the desk.
-YOU HAVE FIVE PAINTINGS FOR REDEW MISURE ENCRE!!!
-very well, put them with the others.
-ENCRE! YOU ARE FIVE DAYS LATE ON YOUR RENTAL PAYMENTS!!!
-the money is on top of the counter now please see yourself out of my studio thank you.
-WHAT WAS THAT ENCRE!!!
-my studio. You are in it. See yourself out of it. And for future reference it's misure Encre to you.
-(mumbling...)
-what was that?
-NOTHING! Just make sure you keep paying your rent MISURE ENCRE!...
-(sigh)

Encres POV
- my name is Encre, but by now I'm sure you already knew that. I work as the personal Royal artist to the king and queen. My job is simple. I paint around the castle, I make paintings to decorate the castle, and anything that needs my artistic interpretation AROUND the castle is run straight through me. Sounds easy enough doesn't it. Simply paint anything in the castle that needs painted and get paid for it.... Now imagine a castle the size of a small country and you can imagine the size of my pain. I'm exhausted. 

-"Encre. Misure, you are needed at the Royal court of his majesty for an important announcement."

-"yes, right away." Finally someone who's not yelling at me to go do my job. I wave off the guard, and begin to clean away at my materials; leaving my workspace clean and neat is extremely important to me.... Hah not. It is important to the royal family's image though. They'd probably have me hanged just for having a messy workbench alone. Around here... Its assort yourself or have everyone walk all over you.

 Its assort yourself or have everyone walk all over you

"You summoned for me your majesty?"

-"yes yes Encre, come in. Privacy please." (I watched as King asgoro waved off his numerous troops out of the main hall so that he may speak to me in private.) "Encre, I'm sure you are familiar with our current Royal scientists. Mr. Parcel and his JR assistant mr. Give?"

-"yes of course

-"yes of course. A pleasures to meet you gentleman."

-"the pleasure is all ours misure Encre. We've heard news of your excellent works, and if it's not too much trouble, the science department requests your assistance for an early expedition."

-"where too if I may ask? And what could you possibly need from an artist as myself on an expedition?" I watched as he circled me curiously, remaining poker faced the entire time.

-"are you aware of the legends surrounding the forbidden woods?" I shook my head no. How could I, even speaking about them was forbidden alone. "It's said to be home to many fascinating... Animals." He paused as if considering his words very carefully to me. "It's also known to be the most plentiful of all forests in the entire world.... For years, adventurers as well as anyone who dared venture into the forest have come back with rare ingredients only spoken of in books as old as scrolls. You can imagine why an expedition to such an area would be extremely beneficial to all those involved yes?" I nodded in agreement, still keeping silent. "However.... Not everyone whose gone into the forbidden woods have come back quite alive..." He trailed off at the last part, but it was just enough for me to be able to understand him. I gulped audibly as what he had said sunk in. "As of corse is with any new expedition quite not? Ah but don't worry old chap, the king has sent his finest soldiers and best of guards to our aid... Be it necessary with all the wild animals and what."

-"oh yes.... Obviously. But I apologize, I still feel confused as to why you needed my assistance and why it is you requested me specifically?"

-"oh why didn't you just say so old chap! You see, we are in necessary need of someone with your artistic prowess to document any new discoveries of flora and fauna alike. Not too hard a task if I do say so myself. And I do say so."

Cliff hanger... Sorry to stop the story here guys but my mom says I have to go to bed now 😒. Anyways, opinions on how the story should go are still being taken in.
Author over and out.
Ps. 726 words...Short chapter.