S2/E13: Monster party

🎶 For proper ambiance, please play music at the start of the chapter, thank you.🎶

Everyone in town had just blown out their candles to go to sleep. Calling it a day for the most of the weary villagers and passing by travelers. The only light illuminating over the town was of a large blood red moon, hanging ominously over those who where in bed.
Azure: "eterna? Are you sure they're heading this way? I mean it could be a false a..."
eterna: "there's nothing false about it. It's happening tonight, and if we stick around, we're as good as dead ourselves."

Eterna, lofe, and azure walked carefully through the catacombs. Azure leading the way, clutching the still engraved stone around his neck. If he where to be discovered now, he'd also be as good as dead.
Rufus: "so... you managed to show up after all huh?"

(Bang!)
Shots of cannons could be heard over the rocky cliffs as sirens began to blaze loudly. The people of the village struggle to get out of bed and head to their underground shelters in time as swarms of mutant beasts with sharp claws landed on their rooftops.
(Thud!)
Dust began to rise and fall again as a heavy creature walked along their tiles, breaking them as it stepped along the house tops, and clawing at the unprotected wood that a lot of the old houses where made from. They where trying to find a way in.

In the distance, the blood hunters best archers fired a rain shower of arrows over the city. First falling a few at a time, but like rain, increased as more and more worriers readied their bows.

The creatures looked up to the sky as the weapons pierced some of their thick skin from above. Dripping red rain onto the ground as they screamed out in agony. But continued their ravenous rampage over the city as their hunger increased, turning their attention towards the archers in the far distance.

Over the horizon, a large wall lined with willing hunters stood proud, shooting their arrows into the air as the beasts began to charge and fly in their direction.
A vampire, that wasn't far from looking like a gigantic dragon was the first to greet them at their post. Releasing a terrifying shriek that could be heard for miles. It's gigantic armored wings stretched across the length of ten knights marching side by side. It's talons as sharp as a freshly razered knife. It's rows of teeth like that of a great whites. The defenseless soldiers couldn't help but cower over the looming beast, fleeing as its talons pierced the armor of a fellow worrier and friend, his noble blood painting the stone in which he once stood red. His screams echoed loudly through a still and fearful town... as the beast devoured him in one gulp.

Turning back, the creature called out for its fellow brethren. A shriek to begin the feast. The others nodding in approval as they began to dive bomb the fragile houses. Breaking through its contents, walls and all, only to find nobody inside.
The creatures began to sniff at their new surroundings. Hunting down the escaped mortals like some sort of sick sport. A twisted game of hide and get eaten.

Ace: "dear lord. What have we done."
King asgoro: "what is going on out there arceliouse!? Where are all the hunters!? Put an end to this madness already!"
Ace: "we can't."
King asgoro: "and why the he** not!?"
Ace: "... because we caused it."

Out in the village, soldiers marched into battle, holding their weapons high in the air, and preparing themselves for the end.
Monsters, as tall as beasts, no longer even classified ass true vampires, crawled and infested the city. Some lurking in the shadows, some flying proudly above, by the light of the giant red moon, some had already made their way into and out of the shelters. Blood and body parts oozing from their mouth as they left no last survivors in their wake.

Little girls POV:
I hid in a storage crate along with my baby brother as I watched a horrible monstrous beast devour our parents and loved ones. After it had finished, it sniffed around for dessert. Luckily the blood that had pooled on the floor had done a well job of masking our cent. The beast turned to leave through the door it had busted through, just up the rocky stairs. I rocked my little brother back and forth and prayed to god that he wouldn't turn around. He didn't. I heard it give off a loud and thunderous sound as the house above me was demolished and set on fire. Probably marking the fact that their wasn't anyone here any more.
Just as I realized this, I realized that they where going to kill everyone in town. W... was I going to be the only one left? N... no! I had to find a way out of town.

I left my hiding place, and picked up a carry on bag that could hold my little brother. I filled a satchel up with supplies and began looking for a way out of the bunker I was in. The sirens still rang as my little hiding place began to fill with smoke from the fires above. I pushed the broken down door and excess wood out of my way as I poked my head through the small clearing.
Above me, I saw as those dragon like things flew over the still standing rooftops. Some had just begun to fall down and set ablaze as screams and cries could be heard from the inside of the unfortunate people who couldn't escape like me.
Soldiers past by my hiding spot as I pondered calling out to them. Only to have my hopes once again dashed by a soldier who just mear seconds later, was hoisted up into the air. His blood dripping down onto the ground like rain drops. I quickly covered my mouth with both my hands as to avoid screaming. The sight too horrendous to see as the men who where with the unfortunate soul began to weep and cry over their loss. Trembling terrible as they feared the worst for their friend as well as themselves.

As I watched them run the other direction with their weapons and heavy armor, I finally escaped my little wood piled prison. Grabbing a knife on the ground that one of the men had dropped. And made a mad dash to one of the stone towers ne'er the wall that separated the village from the forbidden forest. Behind me, I heard a screeching sound and ducked into the first door I saw for cover. Inside was a large wooden spiral staircase that had windows appear every now and then. Running up the stairs I began to hear banging on the door I just came through. As I ran, I ducked through the windows that passed me, stealing a glance outside every so often... and deeply regretting it.

I reached the top to find body parts of soldiers laid on the top of the wall like a large open graveyard, along with the bows and arrows they once wielded. Blood spilled out in a river of tears as it dropped down the walls sides.... and then I heard the screeching sound again from directly behind me as something large landed on the towers roof. I slowly turn around to meet the gaze of a vampire looming over me. His shadow covering me completely as his body was illuminated by the moon above.
❓: "you shouldn't be here..."