Chapter 13: the most inportant thing

Encres POV: suave got up from his seat and walked over to sit beside me. I could tell he had something important on his mind, even though he was taking his time to make sure I understood too. "So you love your job a lot huh?" (That's right.) "but earlier you asked what my intentions where for fallacy, what did you mean by that?" (He means the world to me, more than anything, more than my life, my job, my board... Do you know why?) "sigh. I have a pretty good idea, but I have a feeling you're going to tell me anyways."

[FLASHBACK CONTINUES]
Suaves POV: I thought it was over on that day. Everything I had ever worked for, gone in a flash. I was so mad. But not at the instructor who refused to ever give me a chance, no, I was angry at myself. Because... Because I couldn't do anything right, no Matter how hard I tried. After the instructor told me off, I bolted in tears to the changing room. And yah... I did see lord fallacy outside the door, but I was too embarrassed to talk to him at the moment so I ran to the only place I knew he couldn't follow me, the employees changing room.

I changed into my regular wear and idly sat there just contemplating what I was going to say to him

I changed into my regular wear and idly sat there just contemplating what I was going to say to him. I let him down. But I couldn't hide there forever, I had to face him eventually. I slowly walked over to the door and turned the nob. I saw him sitting at a bench waiting for me. "I know what you're going to say." I started, although I don't think I could have said anymore than that. I felt my throat close up and I couldn't look him directly in the eyes to save my own life. (Perhaps not. Follow me to my quarters please. I need to speak to you in private.) I just nodded my head and hung my eyes low as I followed him.

Encre: so what did he say? If... You don't mind me asking.

We reached his room and he invited me to sit at the edge of his bed, the same spot we're sitting at today... He sat across from me on a chair, and even though I couldn't see his face, I felt his angered eyes staring and pearcing into me. I couldn't stand the silence anymore, I started to tear up, and then I started to cry. I was so embarrassed, but I couldn't stop... Not until I felt arms wrap around me and bring me into a tight hug. He said he didn't care if I didn't pass the tests anymore, he just wanted me to be happy.

Encre: awwww!!!! Oh my gosh! That was adorable! (Heh

Encre: awwww!!!! Oh my gosh! That was adorable! (Heh... Yah I guess it was.) so he let you become a servant even though you didn't pass? (Yah, he did. Ever since I could remember, he's always looked after me. I never deserved anyone like him.) it sounds like he has a big heart, our royal family's back home have always only looked after themselves.

I'm sure the king even knew about me being used as bait

I'm sure the king even knew about me being used as bait. Kind of makes me sick thinking about it now, ever since I was little and my brother passed away, I've worked hard to make a good living in the kingdom. At some point I was even hired to work directly for the king himself as the official royal artist. And I ended up working for years under his rule,... Without one single thanks. I was used, and then thrown out, like garbage.... Hm.

Suave: I know. You weren't the first. And, I'm afraid, you wouldn't be the last. We trusted someone before, we thought he was a friend, a mortal we could trust... But then he betrayed us, hurt our king, we gave him everything he could ever need to be happy, and took him in. (Now I see. Your afraid that I'm going to do the same. I understand, you're just trying to protect someone you care about. Like... Family.) hm... I guess he was right about you after all, take good care of him for me. Ok. (I will.)

Encres POV: I watched him get up to leave as fallacy walked in the door. (Are you two getting along well without me?) (I was just leaving m'lord. Please come in. And if there is nothing else you two need, I bid you a good afternoon.)

)