The AlLies - PaRt 2

"Italy-chan!" Japan shouts in surprise, leaving you to scan the books.

"Japan! You're okay!" Italy runs past the shelves, his face lighting up as he throws himself on Japan. "What a relief!" He squeezes tight before letting go, holding Japan at arm's length.

"Yes, I am." Japan sighs, both in relief and relaxation as Italy let him go. "Thankfully."

"Right after you left, this huge monster suddenly appeared from the hallway and chased after us." Italy motions with his hands, then his voice drags off. "We were so surprised... and also, quite loud." He tilts his head. "Didn't you hear us?"

"No, I heard nothing at all..." Japan's voice drifts. He assumed that they must have run away from the monster in fright, and that's why they left him. But if they screamed, how come he hadn't heard them?

"I see." Italy gives a slow nod of his head. "We were so scared and confused, we ran away without thinking... and left you behind." Italy looks at him apologetically. "I'm sorry, Japan." Italy looks down, his voice straining. "The front door wouldn't open no matter what, and we split up while running away."

"No need to apologise. Anyone would have done the same in this situation, including myself." Even though Japan is trying to sound sincere, his voice comes out flat. "Still, what is going on in this house?" He questions, eyeing the walls. "Everything that could be used as an exit is locked. Our cell phones don't work either."

"Yep. We're pretty much trapped. But," Italy beams, "I'm so glad I found you, Japan!" Then he purses his lips and tilts his head forwards, attempting to appear serious. It is his best imitation of Germany. "Are you hurt or anything? Aren't you hungry?" He waves a finger, tutting.

"I'm fine, do not worry. But Italy-chan," Japan is almost hesitant, "you are surprisingly calm about this. You were even wondering around the house..." Japan worries. He knows himself first-hand how scary it is to walk around by himself. But now (F/n) is here, he no longer must.

"Well... in reality, I was so scared I wanted to cry and cling to Germany, but.... both Germany and Prussia were falling apart, too." He fiddles with his hands. "So, I figured someone needed to keep a level head, and even I was amazed by how calm I felt!" The Italian explains, now grinning. "I thought, instead of wasting time panicking I just have to think of a solution so we could get out of here as soon as possible!"

"That makes sense... I was startled at first, too, but after seeing everyone else so flustered, I felt oddly calm. Now I have someone with me when I walk around, whereas you are alone."

"Oh, you found them? Are they okay?" Italy asks, looking around for his friends. At that moment you poke your head out from around the bookcase to see Japan talking to the Italian. Upon seeing him, you couldn't decide which Italian brother it is with the apprehension on his face at the sight of you, but you know it is Italy. Romano doesn't come around until later. You peer at him, thoughts growing in your head like wildfire. Seeing Italy in person is so much different from the game or anime. His short brown hair had his gravity-defying curl on the left side of his head, his eyes weary. His blue military uniform appears slightly messy, though you weren't sure if that is his usual style. Along with his black shirt and tie that are untucked. The smile on his face couldn't mask his true feelings, to you at least, and you wonder if his friends would realise that too in due time.

"No, I have found them. Prussia and Germany are on the third floor, but we will explain the details on the way." Japan informs, before noticing Italy's expression.

"We?" The Italian repeats, surprise showing on his face as he tries to make out the figure in the distance, squinting.

"Oh, yes, Italy-chan." Japan nods, realising Italy has not met you yet. "We found a person in the mansion too. They came in here looking for their family." Japan then looks over his shoulder, oblivious to you not being there. "I thought they were behind me." Then he spots you dwelling in the shadow of the bookcase.