MEmorieS - PaRt 3

After finishing your discussion with the Allies, you leave with a farewell. And a freshly made deal. You feel cocky, proud of yourself, and you definitely have calmed down since earlier. Hopefully, you could help everyone out with the task at hand, even if just by a little with what you are tasked with. You had enough of just being another person to protect. Though you carry around the supplies, everyone else can do that easily. And fixing them up? You are certain any of them can do a better job from the endless amount of wars they've been through - even the bear could replace you. You groan at the thought, feeling your own knives entering your back. But you are still so bitter about earlier! There was no way you had calmed down completely after that explosion, and you hope you made yourself clear.

At least everyone else has their heads on straight. They are making everything fall into place, a seamless butterfly effect. You push open the barred door in the hall just in time to hear Prussia talking with Japan. You quicken your steps and peer to your right and spot the albino. Prussia closes the door and lets it swing shut behind him, allowing you to catch a momentary glimpse of Japan. Prussia looks up and appears surprised by your presence before him.

"Prussia, are you going to the ladder now?" Prussia notices that you aren't smiling. He didn't expect you to burst earlier, but then again no one had. He rubs the back of his head, not knowing what to say.

"Yes, you coming too?" He asks, sending a look down the corridor you just walked along.

"Yeah." You furrow your brow at him. He seems odd. "Something wrong?" You question, tilting your head.

"Nein, nothing." He shakes his head, kicking the floor. He has an inner debate. You said you're fine, but you obviously have underlying issues with what happened earlier. Or maybe you thought you were fine, but your face betrayed you. And then his thoughts wonder. "Nein, ja." He nods reluctantly, sighing. "Ja." He looks down at you, worry clear in his eyes. "What's happening with the others? Are you here for a reason?"

Does he mean in the grand scheme of things or????

His attention isn't solely on you, his gaze being drawn to the door you came from where half of the Allies are placed. 

Ooooh, like were you sent off over here for a reason!

"Oh, erm, I was sent to watch you guys. I guess I'm not as good as the others and this is the only job I can do, so." You place on a smile, hands making awkward gestures. "Yeah, I'm trying to be helpful." Prussia sighs, shaking his head and grabs your shoulder, his expression falling.

"Don't speak about yourself like that." He snaps, his lips in a firm line. Then he sees your expression, one of uncertainty and confusion. Prussia feels guilty for your predicament. He had promised you, and that promise he will keep. He could not let you down again. But you had just a good of a reason to want out. No wonder you had snapped earlier. Everyone should have left the moment the ladder was known about. 

"(F/n)," he says firmly, not using his normal 'Kinder'. This grabs your attention and makes your body tense. "Most people would be shaking to the bones - scared out of their minds - in a situation like this. But you are strong. You have gotten through this so well."

"N-not really. I don't feel like this has really sunk in yet, even though it's the second day." You look down. "And I'm... worried." You admit in shame. It is silent for a moment, as if beckoning you to continue.

"And you think we're not?" Prussia questions. You look up at him, mouth slightly open. He looks down sincerely, his red eyes softening. The colour resembles that of a ruby red apple, shining. They show vulnerability; like you have bitten out a chunk of him.