PAssWord - PaRt 3

"No!" You whisper, trying to pull him back down by the scruff of his uniform. "You can't fight it alone."

"I'm sure I'll be alright. So please stay back, (F/n)-chan." Japan repeats himself, placing his hand on yours. He gently pries your fingers off.

"No, you won't." This time you pull him down roughly, and he loses his footing and falls, surprised by your sudden strength. the Thing perks up at this, looking around the room in search for the thing that just made a noise. You both keep silent, hearing the creature's footsteps until it stops. You stare into Japans eyes, sternly. its a silent warning to not try you again. then you shift into worry. You clench your jaw. Fighting the monster is too dangerous for him to take it on alone. In the game, he dies if he faces it now. He can't, yet Japan refuses to see that. "You're not going out there." You order, holding his arm tighter. And in that instance, your face flushes. Japan stares at you in bewilderment.

You, a human child, scolding him, a man well over his age? No wonder your face is so red. It reminds him of his flag. Japan looks over his shoulder. What would America do in this situation? He isn't here right now, so Japan will have to become The Hero™.

"I'll be fine." He reassures as he carefully places a hand on your shoulder. "It isn't my first battle." Japan gives a nod and turns his back to you. A solemn expression overtakes his face, one he doesn't think you could see. But you can. He knows the risk of this fight. The passive man takes an aggressive stance, his spine straightening as his knees bend, sword ready for a fight. Before you can even muster the courage to speak, the creature lets out a shriek when spotting Japan. You stay hidden behind the sofa, paralized with fear. you clam your hands over your mouth. he could die. he will die! he dies here! you have to do something. you feel so uneasy. you arent super strong, you have no talent with guns. you look down at your boots. England gave you that knife. you could. it gives you a potential. but in order to use it you have to get closer. you close your eyes tight, a death grip around the weapon. you could do this. you have the potential. Your heart hammers against your breastbone, looking heavenward as you press your back to the sofa. Your hands wring against your jeans, pulling at them as you hear the clash of a sword against claws.

This is just like the goddamn piano room all over again.

The sound of Japan groaning in pain is what finally makes you move, jumping out from behind the sofa, as a loud bang shakes the room. You twist your body around to see Japan slumped against the wall, his eyes closed and katana a few feet away. It isn't like he could even reach for it in his current condition. now you have basically no chance. if japan cant fight it, what chance do you have? but if you don't do something, hell be killed! The monster is towering over him as unintelligible gurgle bubbles from its throat, reaching out from the unresponsive victim. Your mind flashes with all sorts of unprecedented outcomes. Before you could even register what is happening, your body gets to work.

The monster feels something hit the back of its head, so with a growl, it turns to see an old raggedy pillow on the floor beside it. Its black eyes search for the target. It spots another human standing by the sofa, their body shaking as they hold another pillow in their arms, reeled back and ready to throw. The Oni turns to face them; its body positioned to block the exit. It watches as they stumble back, before sprinting towards the katana and lifting it. They hold it tightly, the end pointing down. The creature steps towards them, and they yelp.

You whine, it falling out before you could stop yourself. You attempt to wield the heavy instrument in the same manner Japan did, but your stance is meek, body curling up like a quivering dog. How Japan could face this monster by himself is beyond you.

"Stay back!" You point the sword at it, your face scrunching up as you aim the hefty object at the creatures face.

"Don't cha' think we should help 'em?" A voice questions from behind the door at the back. You are too stuck at the moment to hear it. A dragged out sigh was given in response.