AWakEn - Part 3

"W-what?!" Canada squeaks. Italy looks frightened, glancing to each person.

"He seems to..." Romano looks to the side, expression unreadable. "Have some of his damned other half's memories." You freeze, unsure. That could mean anything. Italy might just have historical memories of his second player.

"That shouldn't surprise us." England says through clenched teeth. "It's unexpected, but Italy will soon--"

"No, you don't understand!" Romano yells, looking around desperately. "He has his fucking counterparts memories of this place! This mother fucking mansion! He's in this building!"

"They're in this place." America whispers in horror.

"Those wankers are behind all of this!" England shouts in disbelief. "Those fucking prats made this place, set this trap for us! They're playing a game!" He yells, his fists turning white. You take a step back, scared. France begins mumbling under his breath in French. You, not wanting to translate, cradling. You move after a moment, your chest still tight as you step around the edge of the room. They are all too caught up in the second players to notice you, as far as you are concerned. They go on and on, leaving poor Italy stood alone and confused.

"Who is that?" You hear Italy ask his brother. You look over. Italy's pointing at you. He doesn't recognise you. You give him a shy smile.

"I'm (F/n)." You introduce, taking slow steps towards him. It is almost as if you are scared. Scared that any sudden movement can break him. "I got stuck in this place with you guys." You explain, lacing your hands together.

"Oh, that's terrible." Italy looks at you in pity.

"The people I've met have made up for it." You say lightly, a mirthy smile making its way on your face. He nods slowly, looking you over.

"Have we met before?" He asks. Romano - who has stood beside him the entire time - stiffens. He sharply turns his head towards his brother, it being so fast you wonder if he has whiplash. You look between them, puzzled.

"No, Italy. Not before this mansion." You shake your head. His lips form into an 'O', nodding lethargically. "Are you feeling better?" You ask. He tilts his head. "You fainted, so do you still feel dizzy? Want a drink or some food?"

"No, grazie." He nods thankfully. You smile softly, then look towards Romano.

"Do you want anything?" You ask him. He looks at you, eyes darkening before shaking his head. Romano grabs his brothers shoulder.

"You're having a rest." Italy tries to retort. "Veneziano, go to sleep. You're tired." Romano lowers his voice, looking to the beds and starts walking. "Come here."

"B-but..." Italy looks to Germany, pouting. Germany turns to him, expression somber.

"It's alright. If there's no other way, we'll ask you. Until then, be at ease." Germany recommends. Italy nods, looking down at his feet as Romano leads him towards the beds.

"He's so... worn out," France whispers.

"Da." Russia nods. "He's done more than enough. He must have kept telling himself that he could try harder and harder to protect us." Then he moves his gaze away from Italy and looks to everyone, speaking in a sing-song tune. "Or maybe his other halfs memories were so bad that he fainted." Everyone looks to Italy in panic.

"That must be terrible," Canada whispers. Japan clenches his jaw, taking a deep breath.

"Let us think about what would be the best course of action." Japan advises.

"We need to eliminate those wankers!" England shouts, slamming his hand on the table. You jump back from him, alarmed.

"I, for once, agree with Anglaterra." France nods, crossing his arms. His normal loving expression is now sour, lips pursing and eyebrows furrowed, deep lines forming on his forehead.