GunsHots - PaRt 4

"Hai. Italy-chan was--(F/n)-chan?" Japan stares at you in confusion from the bottom of the stairs, England and China on either side. They all stare up at you. You stare back — like a child with its hand caught in a cookie jar — and blink slowly before taking a step back, waving your hands around in panic.

"I'll get right to it now! This instant!" You babble before running towards the room that Italy and Germany reside inside of, disappearing. You enter the room with the iron door; your heart racing, as though you have just run a marathon. Japan and the others scared you. You thought it was the Oni, and so you laugh at the misconception. You see Italy standing in the corner, looking down with a melancholy expression, head slightly tilted. How he didn't hear you enter is beyond you, but nevertheless, a smile creeps up on your face as you quickly approach him. "Italy." You wave.

"(F/n)!" A smile immediately engulfs his face, eyes brightening up. "I'm so glad you're safe!" He opens his arms for a hug as he steps towards you. "What happened to you?" He asks, wrapping his arms around your form. "We were so worried! Japan said you went to the toilet but you were gone for so long and hadn't come back! We thought the Thing got you both!" He pulls back, now placing a hand on each shoulder.

"It didn't. I'm fine." You give a timid smile before you let your hands fall to your sides, instead of against your chest. "But I'm... not exactly sure what happened." You stare at Italy in confusion. You have so many questions, and not many of them can be answered by Italy. But out from anyone, he'd understand best. He would know what to do.

You go to speak, wanting to spill the truth, the weight on your shoulders suddenly lifting before a loud noise makes you jump. Peering over Italy's shoulder, who in return moves his hands, you stare at the iron door. Germany is in there, doing God knows what. You and Italy share a look, addled. But, perhaps that disruption is for the better, as now you have no confidence about confiding in Italy.

"I ran into the Allies, and they're in the fireplace room. Japan told me to fetch you and Germany."

"What? So, everyone is here!" Italy's eyes widen, but his face stays neutral. He's trying his hardest to act surprised. "Let's go back to the fireplace room then!" Italy grins as he waves his hands around. "Some are missing, but we'll have an emergency meeting now." Italy nods along to his words before he stops. But then he lowers his voice, hunching over a bit to stand at your level, looking at you straight. "You are okay? I was so worried about you..." He takes your left hand and brings it to his chest, pressing it over his heart. You feel the solid bumping against your fingertips, so you smile, albeit heat flooding you. You lock eyes with Italy. It is nice to see he cares. He cares for all the right reasons.

No wonder this boy managed to melt even Germany's solid exterior.

"I'm fine, Italy." You smooth your fingers over his chest and onto his shoulder blades, bring yourself to the tip of your toes, smothering the man in a hug. "I was scared, but I pulled through. Just like you can, too." You could feel the heat of his chest against yours, but Italy still hasn't wrapped his arms around you. "What was it you said?" You hum, looking up at the ceiling. 

"Che cosa?"  

"'I thought, I need to calm down and figure out a solution so everyone can get out as soon as possible'?... or something like that?" You chuckle to yourself. "So, we can both be strong together, for everyone's sake." Italy tries to look at you, but your hair blocks his view. 

This human, popping up from nowhere, is now comforting him. Before they had been against physical contact, but now they openly hug him. His heart swells as he sighs, humming, and hugs you back as you bury your nose in his chest. You calmly take a breath. The lightly smell his cologne fills you, zesty and woodsy as if he had recently walked through a patch of rosemary. For once, you are calm and comfortable. Is this what a hug feels like? You wonder how this action of psychical contact could release all your worries. It is surreal how therapeutic it feels as your body relaxes against his. But your mind wonders if it depended on the who, rather than the why.