AWakEn - PaRt 1

Spain walks with a hop in his step, humming as he scans the empty hallway. His eyes light up once seeing a door ahead, grinning ear to ear at the thought of Romano's precious face when he brings him down to see his brother. He will fulfil his job as Boss once cheering up his henchman.

Spain opens the door, expecting a room filled with ladders, big and small, sparkling clean or rusted with dirt, or maybe even rope. Romano would love him so. He could vision that cheeky smile plastered across his face. But no. Much to Spain's surprise, it is filled with men behind bars. Not just any men.

"Whoa!" His brown eyes widen, taking big steps into the room. "Wh-what is this?! What are you all doing?!"

"Someone else showed up..." China whispers in disbelief, looking over to the tan man.

"Huh? What?!" Spain grins, placing his hands on his hips. "A zoo?! A world zoo?! Do not touch or feed the nations?!"

"Oh la vache..." France looks heavenwards as he tries to control his emotions. "Is he for real!?"

"Oh, right, I almost forgot!" Spain clicks his fingers, seemingly not bothered by his friend's predicament. "Do any of you have a ladder or something? Roma--"

"Spain!" Germany slams his hands on the bars. "Open this God damn cell!"

"Ack...! Wh-what?" Spain pouts, leaning away from him. "What do you mean? Didn't Ita come this way?"

"We will explain the situation l--" Japan begins, but is cut off by Prussia.

"Can you not see them on the floor?! They could be dying for crying out loud!" Prussia shakes the door ferociously. That's when Spain notices you. His eyes go round, taking tentative steps over to you. He crouches down to get a better look. Your chest moves up in a shallow breath, then down slowly.

"Car--" He stops himself, brushing his hair back only for his dark curly locks to fall back in place. He gets up, walking over to the cell door, opening it up. They all rush out within an instant. England reaches you first and checks your pulse.

"They're alive. Oh, thank god." England cranes his neck down, putting his fingers through your hair. He recedes quickly, looking to see his fingers glistening with your blood. With no support, your head falls back. A small pool of blood is where you once laid. Canada frowns, feeling guilty. If only he hadn't given you that knife, you wouldn't have put yourself in this situation. If he told Britain 'no', you wouldn't have it. If he hadn't told you where to stash it, you would have stayed out of danger. He remembers when you first got it. You had stared at the knife in worry, eyebrows knitted together, running your fingers over it before looking down to yourself. You had nowhere to place it, and he had helped you. It was only a sentence, yet you smiled happily.

"We need to bring them back to the safe room." Prussia takes you from England, arms going under your knees and neck. You are limp, but body warm against his chest. "Canada, I'm going to need your bear." Kumajirou follows after him, batting his eyelashes.

"O-of course. Please look after them both." Canada nods, watching Prussia carry you. Your hair is matted to your forehead, sweat covering your brow. They watch Prussia move you, some following him as protection from any more attacks. You are injured, Italy is gone, and now two more lives are at risk in this death trap. It couldn't get any worse.

【 D4y 2, F1r5t Fl00r, Curr3n7 T1m3 L00p - 1t4ly 】

Italy mopes the halls, his thoughts wondering loud as his eyes are heavy.

"First, I'll look for another metal piece. If I look the rooms one by one, maybe I'll remember where it's hidden..." He wonders the halls, looking in each room he crosses. "If I remember correctly, there was a carpet in the room I hid it, so this one isn't it." He mopes his way to the first floor. "That's if I remember correctly..." Checking the dojo, bathroom, toilet and then library. He gazes around the room, eyebrows furrowed as he traces his finger over the bookcase. He sighs. "I don't remember hiding a key here. I'll try looking on the first floor." Italy strains his legs as he walks up the stairs, his emotions pulling hard on his subconscious mind. His mood plummets with every step. Everyone is in trouble, and all because of him. He feels hollow. He has repeated this so many times; he is sure he has done it correctly. He is sure. He is so confident, all except for one thing: you are here. He didn't have a plan for you; the human that appeared from nowhere. He gives a hollow laugh, eyes half-lidded. The silence consumes him. He thought being alone is his worst nightmare, but it is really his friends losing all faith in him, imprisoned here just to die, over and over and over and over and over and over an--