Part One - The Murphy

Seven stared in the side mirror. They drove in silence, but at the fastest speed the vehicle allowed them. Warren swerved through the cars. A bright light filled the sky. Seven looked back to see a large mushroom dust cloud above the lab in the far distance. She then looked around for anywhere they could hide, anywhere that wasn't out in the open. The ash/dust was now hurdling towards them.

Seven glanced back again, the nuclear dust was right on their tail. Seven then looked forward and spotted a tunnel to the side. She pointed at it. Warren turned and went through it. The tunnel was under under a mountain like terrain, nice and stable, but inside there were a few flipped cars in the way. The dust storm followed them in and the car lifted off the ground. Seven's hands shot up and pressed against the roof, and the car flipped over. Seven's head banged against the back of her seat roughly. She let out a shriek.

Once the dusty nuclear storm passed, Seven opened her eyes. She glanced over to see Warren's head was cramped and bend to the side, she slowly drifted into consciousness.

"Ugh." Seven groaned in pain. She glanced at her arm to see the shirt cloth wrapped around it was soaked in blood. Her hands too had blood dripping down them. "Ten K?" she looked in the back seat, he sat still with his arms crossed under his head. His eyes opened and he nodded. Ten K, Seven and Warren then crawled out of the car. Seven pushed her bag and machete out first then slid out. Once Ten K got out, he turned to help Doc.

"Ugh, ah, ah!" Doc hissed in pain as he scrambled out. "Ow, ow, watch the shoulder." he said to Ten K as they both stood up. All four looked out the tunnel end where they had come in from. It was white. "Holy $hit. Is that snow?"

Seven shook her head, "Ash."

"Radioactive fallout." Warren said.

"Yeah. We better cover up before we go out there." Seven shook her head. "Don't want none of that touching your skin."

The others nodded and went to look in the other few cars. They found some scarfs and blankets. Seven wrapped a light blanket around her neck and over her head, covering most of her face. The others did the same. Seven glanced at Ten K and cracked a smile,

"Those goggles of yours would have come in handy right about now."

Ten K chuckled and nodded. He used to wear those things on the top of his head everywhere, recently he kept them tucked away. He pulled them out then tossed them at her. Seven caught them and looked at him in question.

"You don't want them?"

He shook his head, "You wear them for now." She nodded and slipped them on.

"Do they suit me?" She waved her hands by her side and grinned. Everything looked a little darker. Ten K laughed.

"Fabulous."

...

A couple days passed. The four walked through the heat of the day, Ten K and Seven shared Doc's weight on their shoulders, Doc limped along with them. The group now walked through ruins of a town, to Seven it looked like a junk yard. Warren walked to the side of them. Doc stumbled and fell forward, Ten K and Seven caught him before he fell to the ground. Seven winced, her arm stung. They found a lump of metal for Doc to sit on. Warren turned around and looked about whilst Seven sat down also and Ten K checked the wound on Doc's shoulder.

"How is it?" Warren asked.

"The bleeding's stopped but.."

Doc sighed, "Just go." he told them. "Find me a hole to crawl in, leave me a weapon and some ammo."