Part Fourteen - Rozwell

A yellow jeep without a roof drove down the long and dusty road in the middle of the night. A mix tape played from it. Warren was driving, Vasquez was in the front passenger seat. Doc, Murphy and Addison sat in the back seat, Ten K and Seven sat on the edge of the car, in the trailer space. The Pregnant woman, Sheila, didn't last more than a week out in the Zombie world. It had been over a week since she was mercied.

"We need to get off the road." Vasquez said as he turned the tap volume down.

"I don't like being so far into Zero's territory." Warren kept her eyes on the road. "I guess we really don't have a choice."

Seven looked out at the dirt filled fields, the full moon had risen, but not peeked it's high point yet. Dust followed behind them. A minute later, the radio began to cut in and out then returned to normal. Murphy leaned forward,

"Hey, what's that?"

All looked ahead on the left side of the car, on the edge of the road. There were large lumps. Ten K shone his flash light on it, relieving a neatly chopped up, and still live zombie. It lifted its head and growled at them, clawing at the ground.

"That is a new one." Seven heard Addison say.

"I want whatever did that." Ten K grinned. Seven rolled her eyes but smiled at him.

"Some kind of Samurai surgent." Doc stated.

"Somethings you just can't unsee." Addison shook her head. Ten K took the safety off his handgun and aimed. Addison ducked and Ten K fired, hitting the zombie's head. The bang echoed.  

"Four thousand, two hundred and thirty-four." he put his gun away again. "And a third."

"Take the whole kill, you deserve it kid." Doc told him.

"Thirty-five." Ten K smiled. 

"You know, they used to find mutilated cattle back here pre Z." Seven spoke up.

"Mutilated cattle?" Warren repeated. "Like X-Files Mutilated cattle?"

Ten Thousand rested his arms over the bar of the jeep frame above him and he leant forward and rested. "Yeah, my uncle knew all about it. Aliens did it."

Doc turned to look at both of them, "Have you two been smoking my Z Weed?"

Ten K looked straight at the back of Doc's head. "No."

Doc nodded, "Maybe you better start."

Seven chuckled. "Do you believe in UFO's?" Murphy asked.

"Sure." Seven answered. Ten K nodded.

"That's ridiculous, Aliens don't exist. If they were smart enough to get here, they wouldn't put up with the dumb ass human race for a minute." Murphy then muttered. "Pure science fiction."

"That's what people said about zombies." Ten K said.

"Well, I mean, maybe there's zombies but there sure as hell ain't no aliens." Murphy shook his head, assured with his answer. The radio crackled then the car slowed and stopped, its headlights switched off completely. Seven frowned,

"What happened?"

Warren tried to start it up again, it chugged but did not come to life. "Aw come on baby, don't fail me now." Warren pleaded. Doc rubbed his forehead. Seven sighed, but her eyes widened when she head a weird muffled sound coming from the radio. Ten K moved his arms off the bar, and instead he held them, his elbows now level with his side and he listened too. The muffled voices tuned in and out.