Part Twenty-Two - Adios Muchachos

Seven tried to find Kurian and Murphy, she tried to find the laboratory. She got lost with in minutes and found herself wondering around. She was surprised when she walked through a door that led her outside. She walked along the footpath, her hands grazed over the hedges and flowers. And then, she heard foot steps behind her. 

In a flash, Seven yanked the tomahawk from its sheath and she spun around, swinging it with her, she stopped it by the person's neck. It was a masked male, holding his hands up in a surrender notation.

"P-Please don't," A fairly young voice stammered.

"Remove your mask." Seven said, her eyes locked with a pair of ocean blue ones. The boy nodded and took it off, then he held his hands in the surrender form again. Seven frowned, "How old are you?"

"S-seventeen."

The boy didn't have an accent, and unlike all the others she had seen, he had light brown hair. Seven put her tomahawk away and the boy breathed in relief. 

"Why are you working with the Zeros?" She asked him with distrusting eyes. The boy looked back, not frightened any longer. He shrugged,

"Why are you?"

Seven nodded, fair call. She turned her attention back to the roses. "They must have a lot of gun power here, to keep all the Zs at bay."

"You have no idea." The boy chuckled. A short pause was followed. "My name's Alfonzo by the way. People here call me Alfie."

"Seven." Seven responded as she walked along the foot path. 

"Do you like it here?" Alfie followed her slowly. 

"The scenery's nice. And there's no Zs..."

"But...?"

Seven glanced back at him, "It feels like a prison. There's no freedom of speech and there's a hierarchy. It's just... There's nothing  really interesting about this place really." Seven shrugged. 

"You want to see interesting?" The boy raised an eyebrow. 

Seven followed Alfie, down into the pipe line and up the ladder. As the sun blinded Seven when they climbed outside, Alfonzo stopped her. "Close your eyes," he instructed. Seven did so and followed him out. She could tell the ground changed from cement to gravel, and they were in an open area as she was about to move about freely. The sun beat down, keeping her toasty warm. 

"Open your eyes." Alfonzo said. Seven opened her eyes to see six old cars covered in dust. Her eyes came alive, 

"El Camino." She whispered.

"Damn straight!" 

Seven raced to the baby blue, 69 Chevrolet El Camino SS, and she traced her hand over the window sill. Alfonzo held up and dangled a set of keys.

"Wanna take her for a spin?"

"Do I!" Seven grinned and he tossed her the keys. Seven got in behind the wheel and Alfonzo sat in the front passenger seat. Seven started up the car. She was in love with it. A half hour passed, but to Seven it felt like minutes. She was saddened when they drove back. 

"I have to ask," Alfonzo spoke as Seven pulled back into the junk yard. Seven glanced at him and raised an eyebrow in question. "That guy with the goggles I saw you with in the party room. Is he-?"

"Yeah." Seven nodded with a smile. "That dork's mine." Seven noticed how Alfie's facial expression changed slightly. "I'm sorry."

He shrugged and smiled, "No it's okay."