Part Eleven - A Near Miss

A black familiar vehicle drove up the road. It parked by the centre spot of the town and a couple masked man got out, along with Escorpion. Seven groaned then walked back to the grass area. At the front a stand had been set up, just a wooden stage with three trap doors along the floor and hanging ropes attached to the top. 

Ten K, Sketchy and Skeezy sat at one of the tables in the front, the two Dentists sat at another table at the front. The rest of the town sat and stood behind them, scattered about the lawn area. Seven stood to the side, her shoulder leant against a wall of a house. She was thankful only the woman from before knew that she was associated with Ten K, other wise she too would be sitting at that small round table.

Tyler Burr walked to the front of the stage. "Court is in session. Uh, the honourable judge Escorpion," he pointed and nodded as Escorpion walked past. He stopped at the table Ten K, Sketchy and Skeezy sat at. He then walked up onto the wooden stage and sat down in a chair to the side of a large lever. Two Zeros stood, one on either side of him with rifles.

"These fools stand accused of lawful deception and fraud. Not only did you steal from Mister Burr, you stole from the Zeros. You robbed me of the greatest golf game of my life. How do you feel about that?" he waved his golf club. Sketchy was first to speak,

"It's disappointing."

"Will you be acting as your own council?" Escorpion asked. Sketchy cleared his throat and stood up. "Uh. I will your honour." he took a couple steps forward.

"How do each of you plead?"

"Guilty." Sketchy nodded. 

"Awh! Oh!" the crowd gasped. Seven's eyes widened but only for a second for Sketchy continued, "With, an explanation." he turned to the crowd. One of the dentist men stood up,

"Objection." He pointed at Sketchy, "This man is a liar and a thief!"

"Overruled." Escorpion said.

"Damn!" the dentist sat back down. Seven snickered. She remained standing by the side, out of sight from Escorpion. 

"Please continue," Escorpion told Sketchy. Sketchy exhaled deeply and fixed up his coat. He turned back to look at the citizens. He waved his hands,

"The path to truth, it's not a straight line. It's squiggly. One man's truth is another man's fallacy. And here to for within, bear with me here," he paced around and waved his hand, "I am reminded of, The Case of Dread Scott Vs the City of Sacramental! We all remember that one right?" whispers came from the crowd and Sketchy continued, "I mean, who doesn't? Or uh Terry Bradshaw Vs the State of Oklahoma. Hello, ring a bell?"

"Objection!" the same dentist stood up again. Escorpion fired his silver hand gun at the air. He then pointed it at the flinching dentist. 

"Stop interrupting."

The man sat down with out a word and nodded. Sketchy cleared his throat again,

"See it's not my job to educate you on legal precedence. That could take all day. But it is my job, to illustrate just how the accusers!" he pointed at the two dentists. "have attempted to defain and slander myself and my clients, by executing some kind of fancy, flea flicker, on the fine citizens of this great town!"

"Yeah!" the a couple of the crowd members roared. Sketchy turned back to the front,

"I don't believe in the hidden ball trick, like these guys." he pointed subtly at the dentists. "Now, if I'm going up against an opponent, I'm going right down the middle, and he's going to see me coming, my God." he clapped his hands.

"Whoo hoo!" another citizen hollered.

"Because I like my steak rare!" Sketchy added. The crowd of citizens cheered. Sketchy turned back to them and fully passionate in his speech he continued, "I like my Whisky straight up! I like my cars fast! And my women rough!" The crowd cheered and applauded again. "I'm an American. North American," he added and waved at Escorpion who nodded. Sketchy looked back at the crowd, "And I don't apologise for that! I put my pants on, one leg at a time! Thank you very much!"