Part Seven - Another Loss

Rochester, Minnesota

"I'm not so sure it's a  good idea we go through the city." Seven said as they drove past the Welcome To Rochester sign.

"We've got no other option. There's too much fallout in the West and if we went east through another road, we would have ran into a heard those truckers were talking about. Besides, the city could hold valuable supplies. Food, water-"

"Ammo." Vasquez chimed in. 

"Fine. But I don't think it's wise to split up. Not like last time." Seven shook her head. 

"What happened last time?" Addison asked. 

"Seven got a hair cut." Ten K grinned. Seven lightly smacked his chest. 

"Ten K got his teeth kicked in." she jeered back. Ten K rolled his eyes. 

"Right. Well, let's start with the Pharmacy shall we?"

After passing several zombies and turning multiple streets, the truck finally pulled up outside of the pharmacy, only a couple zombies in sight.

"I'll get them." Tamaris said and she opened the boot door. As she pushed the door open two bangs echoed. Tamaris fell back onto the car floor. Ten K instantly shut the door,

"Go!" he shouted, Warren sped off. Seven's eyes widened, a pool of crimson red liquid soaked the floor. 

"No, no, no," Seven rushed out and she knelt by Tamaris' side.

"What the hell was that?" Addison shouted.

"Tamaris, please, hold on," Seven jumped back when Tamaris' body jolted and shook. Her eyes glowed and she outstretched her  arms, making a choking growling noise. Ten K was quick to pull out his dagger and pike her. Seven now sat in the corner with her knees brought up to her chest. Ten K looked at her with sorrowful eyes, Seven buried her face into her knees and she began to bang her forehead against them. Everyone was silent as the truck headed back out of the city. 

"Stop." Seven spoke up. Warren halted the car and switched the ignition off. "We have to go back."

"Are you nuts? We can't go back. Keep driving Warren." Murphy looked from Seven to Warren.

"You don't understand, I have to find the person who did this." Seven had to avenge her friend. 

"That's a suicide mission." Murphy rebutted.

"Seven, I understand the pain that you're experiencing right now, but Murphy is right. We can't go back there. We don't even know who these people are or how many of them there are." Warren reasoned. Seven ignored her and opened the back door, she climbed out with her backpack and Tamaris' Tomahawk and pistol, and she began to walk.

Ten K looked at her then back at the others. "Hold on." he told them and he got out and jogged after her. "Seven." he called as he neared her.

"No, I know what you're going to say Ten K. Don't."

"You can't go Seven, we can't go. They could kill us too."

"I don't care." she continued to walk back into the city. 

"What about Dax? How are you going to find him if you're dead?" Ten K followed quickly after her. Seven stopped in her tracks and turned around to look at Ten Thousand.

"I made a vow Ten K. The four of us did, a long time ago."

"Four?" 

"Me, Tamaris, Dax and Keith. Always and Forever, and revenge served cold. Dax and I did it for Keith, and now I have to do it for Tamaris." she then went to turn around and continue to walk, however Ten K caught her arm and made her look back at him.