Part Twenty-Four - Zeros Attack

Seven followed Ten K up a steep grassy hill, using her tomahawk to help keep herself stable and forward moving. The rest of the group trailed behind them. An hour later they were in the bush, and it was no surprise when Murphy started asking the same question again.

"Are we there yet?"

"You've been asking that for the past three thousand miles," Warren replied in a nonchalant voice.

"Yeah I know, but this time I really mean it." Murphy grumbled. "I mean seriously, shouldn't we be there by now?"

"Ya we're close," Addison looked down at her GPS. 

"How close?" Doc wondered. 

"Like, it should be through those trees close." Addison pointed just ahead. She sniffed,

"Oh what's that smell!?"

Seven smelled. 

"That's fresh air girl." Warren stated as they walked out of the woods and onto a road. 

"The ocean." Both Ten K and Dax said in sync. Ten K glanced at him and frowned, Dax didn't notice this, but Seven did. Dax smiled and looked back at the others.

"Who's keen for a swim?"

Everyone looked at the view of the ocean.

"After we get Murphy to the right spot." Seven laughed at him. 

"I can't believe we made it." Doc sighed. The waves echoed and wind blew stronger.

"Well we haven't made it yet." Vasquez said. Addison nodded in the direction,

"Come on, it should be through there."

They walked through more bush and trees and finally stopped to see a cabin of a sort. As they neared it, they realised it was more like a cafe/diner. Few cars parked around it. 

"That's it?" Murphy pointed, he gawked in disbelief.

"According to the GPS." Addison nodded. Seven grinned, she bounced excitedly beside Ten K and she squeezed his hand. They had finally made it.

"Are you sure?" Doc questioned and looked at the gadget. 

"That's it." Addison nodded.

"Doesn't look very high tech."

"Maybe it's just another front for an underground lab." Ten K told them, Seven nodded.

"I wouldn't be surprised."

"Maybe it's exactly what it looks like. An abandoned, greasy, spoon." Murphy waved his hands. "One last cosmic joke at my expense."

"Either way we're going to check it out." Warren walked forward a few steps with Vasquez.

"How do you want to handle this?" Vasquez asked her quietly.

"Well I don't want us all to go walking into some trap." She murmured. "So you and I will go in light, and check it out." Warren then turned to the others and took her bag off to pass to Seven. "You guys, stay here with Murphy and get him into this." Seven caught the bag and glanced down at it in question. Seven then looked at Murphy who scowled,

"Oh hell no."

"Oh hell yes." Warren said. "I don't want anybody recognising you. "There;s probably some bounty hunters lurking around that heard some of those broadcasts. We did not get you this far to lose you to Neal Nancy Numbskulls."

Murphy sighed in defeat. "Yes dear. Anything you say dear." He muttered wryly. 

"Thank you."

Warren then turned to Addison and Seven. "If we're not out in ten minute,"