Part Twenty - La Reina's Offer

"How many Zs are out there?" Seven puffed, as they all stood by the exit door. Vasquez looked out the window,

"A lot."

He stepped back when zombies ran at the metal door and pounded their fists into it, blocking most of the small window view. He checked his ammo then pointed his gun at the door and fired a few times, bullets passed through the old door easily. Seven and the others stepped back when Vasquez then shot and shattered the glass. He continued to fire at the zombies with his hand gun. 

He then kicked the door open, Warren and Seven followed him out, then Doc and Murphy, Murphy had his arm around Doc and limped. Then Ten K and Addison came running out last. As the group ran through the large court yard, Vasquez and Warren started shooting at the Zombies but kept in mind that they had minimal ammo. Seven had given them ammo she picked up at their previous stop, but that wasn't anywhere near enough for the amount of zombies here.

Leaping over bricks of cement and walking hastily, the group headed to the side. Seven glanced back at Doc and Murphy to see them falling behind. Addison went to help, she ducked under murphy's shoulder so now he had support on either side. Warren waved a hand at them all,

"Spread out!"

Warren then ran one way with Doc, Addison and Murphy trailing behind, while Vasquez went another and Ten K and Seven went another. Ten K aimed his rifle as they ran around a corner of a small concrete building and he shot at a zombie. 

"Save your ammo," Seven told him. She then ran forward and piked another. Ten K nodded and they continued to jog. Ten K then squatted by the wall and aimed his rifle, and he waited. He fired at a zombie. Seven slashed a zombie's head off as it ran at them. She then looked around, "I can't see the others." she said. Ten K fired once more and he glanced up at her. He peaked around the corner of the building and shook his head,

"I kinda think we should worry about the Zs first."

Seven peaked around the corner to see dozens upon dozens of zombies roaming around, some were heading towards them. 

"Seven. Ten K." Warren's tired voice caught her attention, both looked to see her and the rest of the group. Both nodded and followed behind the group, still running. "Keep up," Warren called back to them all as she ran ahead. Seven huffed, her lungs burned and her legs were tired. "Hold." she then said. And the group came to a stop. Seven's eyes looked around rapidly to see the zombies running and hastily walking towards them. She gulped, knowing she didn't have enough strength left to fight them all off.

Warren, Doc, Addison and Murphy were off and running again. Seven sucked in a deep breath, rolled her eyes back then picked up her pace again, Ten K jogged beside her, Vasquez waited a couple moments to fire at a few of the zombies. He then ran in the opposite direction. He met up with them shortly after. 

The group continued to run along the pathway and then Murphy dropped to the ground, panting. Doc and Seven took the liberty to breath heavily and catch their breath. Seven even sat down.

"Is this really the boarder?" Ten K asked in surprise.

"About two thousand miles of it." Vasquez answered. "No way around."

"Psh yeah and no way over!" Addison added.

"No way back." Ten K added.

"Here comes the goo squad," Doc hadn't really caught his breath but he was standing up right with his hand gun, ready to fire.

"Ammo?" Warren called.

"About half a clip." Vasquez responded.

"Three." Addison lined her gun on her Z Whacker for support.