Part Five - Batch Forty-Seven

The car drove along the dusty road, Ten K and Seven still sat on the edge, wobbling to and fro. A few warehouses came into view.

"Do you think this is it?"

"Maybe."

They stopped outside a gate and the group got out of the vehicle. They walked up to the guided gate. The man with a rifle in his hands looked at them, his rifle remained pointed at the ground, he didn't need it to appear intimidating.

"Are you guys harvesters here for the cure?" he asked.

"Yeah that's right." Warren nodded. Seven and Ten K stood behind them, Seven leant into his side, her eyes drooping from lack of sleep. She coughed to clear the flem from her throat and she spat it on the ground. She had come down with the flu the day before and she was not feeling so flash. 

"You're armed." the man behind the fence gate said surprised.

"Uh, yeah." Tamaris nodded with a friendly smile. 

"Good." he went to unlock the gate. He slid it open. Warren was first to walk through, she saluted the guy with two fingers, the rest of the group followed her through with Seven and Ten K last. "Harvesters wait in the garage until they're called. The others inside will give you a run down."

"You think Murphy's here?" Addison asked as the groups stopped walking to get a quick look around. Warren nodded,

"Yeah he's here. I can smell him."

"I think you're smelling the Z Weed," Doc said as he leant forward and peeked between Warren and Addison. He had his arms around both of them. Vasquez and Tamaris stood on the other side of Doc, his eyes alert. Seven still leant against Ten K. She glanced ahead to see two guys loading stacks of wrapped supply bundles into the back of a truck. 

"HELP ME! Get it off!" A young woman screeched, catching all of their attention. Seven looked over to see a blonde haired woman crawling out of a warehouse, screaming as vines struggled to pull her back in. "Somebody help!!"

Warren, Doc, Vasquez and Addison hurried over to her. Ten K walked slowly by Seven. "I can carry you if it's too hard." he said as she hobbled beside him. Seven sniffed and coughed again, she shook her head. They neared the begging woman to see that a green coloured zombie wrapped in vines was growling and tugging at her leg. 

"Somebody help me," she begged. "Help!" Tamaris then shot the zombie's head. Seven's eyebrows rose when the zombie didn't die. Warren and Doc raced to the woman's side and pulled her from the zombie's grips as Vasquez picked up a spiky looking hammer and he began to bash the zombie's head in. He continued to hit it repeatedly as yellow and green liquid oozed out. Addison grabbed her machete out and cut the vines, eventually the zombie stopped moving. Two men came jogging up towards them, one was the man from the gate.

"Hey! I told you people to move into the garage where it's safe."

Doc flashed a fake smile, "Safety first huh?" Then man then stepped forward, getting into Doc's face.

"You got a problem?"

Doc too stepped forward, decreasing the space between them and he stared back down at the shorter man. He then surprised Seven. "No. No brother. Just here for the cure."

Vasquez walked past Doc, patting him on the shoulder, signalling for him to follow. Doc shoved past the man and followed Vasquez to the garage. The group followed after them, the woman limped and rested the majority of her weight over Addison's and Tamaris' shoulders. Seven slowly dragged her feet and Ten K walked beside her.