Part Twenty-One - Party With The Zeros

One Seven finally stopped walking, her hands were untied and the bag was removed from her head. She breathed in air more easily. The Zeros exited the area. Seven noticed they were in some sort of an indoor arena, with several barred gates. At the top, she saw they had a crowd staring down at them. 

Escorpion said a couple words in Spanish, and Warren stared up at him with questioning eyes. "What kind of test is this?"

"Go through the zombies. Last man or, woman standing, gets to join the ranks of our loyal order, of La Reina's work force."

"What if we don't want to play?"

"Then we shoot you."

Seven watched as Warren walked over to a tray of weapons. She picked up brass knuckles and a hunters knife, then stepped back a few steps. "Game on."

The Zeros cheered and started making bets and wagers as Addison and Doc went to grab weapons next. Seven stepped closer to Warren, 

"Sticking to the same plan?"

Warren nodded. "Stay close."

Seven nodded then went to the weapon rack with Ten K. Ten K picked up a mallet, whilst Seven picked up a knife with a blade with a length from her elbow to her wrist, and also a screw driver. Warren held up a thumb once everyone was ready. The Zeros continued to talk and exchange little bags,

"What are they doing?" Doc quietly asked.

"Gambling on us." Seven answered nonchalantly. Escorpion held up a hand, and all the chatter stopped momentarily. He clasped his hands and looked down at the contesters.

"Round one."

"Round one?" Doc piped. "Eh, how many rounds?"

Escorpion left Doc's question unanswered. A buzzer rang, and a series of growls echoed behind the barred gate. "I got this!" Addison said, and she side stepped. The gate slid open and the first zombie staggered its way out. Addison stepped forward and punched it with the blade of her knife. It dropped to the floor and the gate slid shut. Addison looked up at the cackling and cheering Zeros. A couple groaned. Escorpion silenced them again. He looked down at Seven and the group. 

"This will be the final round."

Seven glanced at Ten K then back at Escorpion. No way was it going to be that easy. A buzzer rang again and the light flashed red. More zombies growled. Ten K looked at the gate, alerted. Seven adjusted her stance. Multiple zombies ran at the gate and stuck their arms through, reaching towards them. 

"Well shit." Seven nodded. 

"I'm going to do you a favour," Escorpion added. Seven internally groaned. "To speed things up, why don't we, kill the lights." And then it went dark.

"Alright people," Warren spoke, and all attention was on the closed gate and the zombies behind it. "Let's win."

The gate slid open. Seven closed her eyes, and she listened carefully. Growls echoed and her team mates grunted and slashed, the sound of guts and ooze, splattered around. And then a zombie came running towards Seven from the left. She turned and plunged the screw driver into its forehead. Blood squirted into her face, Seven wiped it away quickly as the zombie dropped and she had no time to yank the screw driver back, for another zombie ran at her from the side. Seven spun and kicked it, sending it crashing into the wall, and then she turned around to stab another. 

Minutes dragged past, and finally the last zombie was down. The lights flashed on and Seven looked around, gasping. Her group was coated in blood, but all blood belonged to the zombies. She sighed in relief. Everyone panted, catching their breath as the zeros made a ruckus. La Reina had joined them. She clapped,