Part Twenty-Five - All Good Things Must Come To An End

"Seven. Seven come on, you need to wake up."

Seven opened and closed her eyes repeatedly. Addison shook her shoulders gently. Seven's eyes then snapped open and she jolted up, gasping for air.

"The staff man-"

"He's dead. Warren killed him."

Seven looked around, "La Reina?"

Addison's eyes widened. "Warren." She whispered.

"Hey, is she awake yet?" Dax asked, Seven looked up past Addison to see Doc, Dax and Vasquez walking over. Addison nodded, 

"Go find Warren."

Vasquez, Doc and Dax quickly continued to walk across and around the room. Seven forced herself to stand, and Addison helped her follow the men. They reached them in time to see Escorpion facing Warren, talking.

Vasquez ran up to Escorpion and hit him with the back of his gun. Escorpion dropped to the ground and grunted. Seven shook her head in disbelief,

"That guy just won't die." She said, then noticed La Reina's dead corpse. "But she did." Seven then shrugged.

"He saved my life!" Warren puffed, Vasquez had his gun pointed at Escorpion.

"I don't care."

"Well ding dong, the bitch is dead." Doc stated, looking at La Reina's body.

"You killed your queen?" Addison asked. "Why?"

"She wasn't my queen." He leant back, sitting, and looking up at them. "Not since she took that cooky doctor's vaccine. I followed them here through all of their death and destruction. She wasn't human anymore." Escorpion's eyes dropped to La Reina. "None of them were." With both hands raised, he glanced back at Vasquez, "I won't rob you of your revenge. You've earned it. Escorpion deserves to die for what he did to you." Escorpion nodded then lowered his voice, "What I did to your family. If you wanna kill me, you go right ahead. I've been a one-man apocalypse all my life. I'm not afraid to die loco. Death, shit that's all I know. I know it don't mean shit, but I apologise... I'm not that man who killed your family man. That man is dead. Killed by the Zs when you threw me down that hole."

Feeling light headed and wholly again, Seven rested against Dax for support. Escorpion continued,

"In that one second, I saw every horrible, malicious thing I ever did, and I wanted to die, right there and then. But I knew, I had to get out of there. I had to survive and make up for all the things I did. Maybe this is how I do it. Do me a favour man," Escorpion lowered his hands and nodded at the gun Vasquez pointed at him. "You pull that trigger."

Vasquez moved the tip of the barrel closer to Escorpion's head. Warren looked at Vasquez,

"Do what you have to." She stood next to him now, "But who are you going to be? After you pull that trigger?" She then walked to and out of the front door. Doc and Addison followed. Seven glanced between Escorpion and Vasquez before she too went to leave. Her head throbbed and her legs joggled beneath her, and then they gave way. Dax caught her before she hit the ground and carried her outside.

The group walked over to a red truck, Warren passed Addison a small bag of ice. A bang echoed, and they all looked back at the restaurant, Seven could barely lift her head at that point, but she did see a man walking out towards them. Doc lifted his gun and pointed, Escorpion walked out with his hands raised.

"What happened?" Warren demanded. Escorpion was silent and Warren ran inside. Seven's eyes enlarged. Minutes passed. Seven regained herself and stood back up. Finally Warren came back out.