Part Eight - Zombaby!

Over the several kilometres distance they drove, the scenery did not change. They passed a few more properties and soon found themselves driving into a community like town. The truck stopped at the driveway and all got out. 

"Something must have happened here." Vasquez stated. "The barn didn't look that way six months ago," he peered at it through his binoculars. "There's some traces of live stock, that's a good sign."

"Yeah well we're not going in there blind. So Vasquez you take the north fence, Ten K, you go south. Addy, Seven and I got over watch. Be back in twenty." Warren instructed. Ten K and Vasquez walked off in separate directions.

"Fine I'll just take a nap." Doc shrugged and walked back to the car. Again, Cassandra was squatted on the roof of it. Seven sat herself on the bonnet of the car. Minutes later Serena started laughing and fooling around with Murphy in the back seat. Seven rolled her eyes then she rested her elbow on her knees and her chin in the palm of her hand. A couple bangs were heard in the distance, Seven looked up and around. She couldn't see anything. Her heart began to race. 

She  sighed in relief when Ten K walked back through the field towards them. She noticed a white powder all over the left side of his face and his shoulder.

"We got Ten K." Addison said. Seven hopped off the bonnet of the car. "Vasquez?"

"Not yet." Warren muttered. Ten K walked up to them, Cassandra sniffed him and he stopped walking. Cassandra continued to smell then she backed away. Ten K frowned at her.

"Well?" Warren asked.

"Yeah there's still people here but they ran away from me."

"Zombies?" Doc questioned.

Ten K nodded, "The usual. Oh, there's also zombie sheep."

"Zombie sheep," Doc nodded. Ten K continued to nod and Doc waved a hand, "Why not."

"What happened to you?" Seven asked and pointed at the power on him. She walked up to him and wiped a line off the jacket with her index finger. 

"Uh, it came out of a Z's head when I killed it, I don't know," he shrugged, "Maybe powered brains?" Seven grimaced then wiped the power back onto his short sleeved jacket. Doc giggled.

"Wash that crap off, who knows what kind of zombie cooties are in there." Warren said and passed him a handkerchief. Murphy stuck his head out the window.

"Are we going in or what?"

Warren turned to him. "Yah. But carefully. Something about this doesn't feel right."

"That never stopped us before." Addison said as Warren got into the drivers seat. Addison sat on the side of the roof, she swung her legs over and dipped them into the trailer. Ten K and Seven got into the trailer where Doc was and the car started up. Doc spoke,

"It hasn't felt right since thirteen, seventy-three."

Ten K sat on the trailer wall and he patted the outside, the truck drove up the dirt road. Ten K continued to wipe the powder off his face. They parked the truck near the buildings and got out again. Vasquez came walking towards them with a white sack in his hand.

"What happened to you?" Warren asked.

"A few Zs. And I found this," he waved the bag.

"What is it?" Seven asked.

"It's ham. Maybe mutton." he tossed it to Doc then took his bag off, he glanced at Warren, "And for you," he pulled out a small glass jar, "Strawberry jam." he passed on to Addison also.