Macy

Macy's POV

I was hanging out with my best friend Annabeth when my phone went off. I hesitated to look at the message I had just received because Annabeth had ignored so many from her boyfriend. She must have seen my lingering glance and she smiled.

"You can open it Macy. It's fine. Maybe you'll get that party invite you wanted!" Annabeth said. I felt bad, but with that party invite being brought up, I just had to look. Nope, just from my other friend Jackie asking if I got the invitation. I sighed and Annabeth gave an encouraging smile. My phone went off again revealing a text from an unknown number. A glisten of hope built in my stomach. Annabeth looked over my shoulder hopefully. Yes! There it was! The invite! Annabeth gave a smile, and I couldn't help but to give a giddy giggle.

The text had four simple words. Party, Jacob's, 10:00, and bathing suit. I smiled. Annabeth took the advantage and slipped a glance at the messages she had received. I looked over her shoulder and saw that they were all from someone named Percy (seaweed brain). Puzzled, I glanced at Annabeth to see her hiding her phone.

"Well, I have to go get ready for the party. My boyfriend has to get ready for his own party and asked for my help," Annabeth said snickering.

"Yeah. Well, I'll see you there Annabeth!" I said packing up my things and waving at her as she left, but careful not to call Annabeth Annie. Well that stunk. Annabeth had spilled the beans about her boyfriend a few weeks ago, but she didn't give any details to who he was. I had been hoping to have her boyfriend come to the party, but I would find out who he was eventually.

When I finally got home, I showered and painted my nails a blue color, adding a white flower on my ring finger nail. Then I searched for ages in my drawer for a perfect bathing suit. I came across an old blue and white striped bikini. I slid it on and pulled on a pair of short jean shorts that hugged my hips. I put on a white lace top and silver flip flops. I looked at my messy, curly, blonde hair. I straitened it until there was no evidence of it being curly. Pulling out a blue stick of hair dye, I dyed a strip of hair blue. It was only 9:00. I didn't have to leave for another forty-five minutes. I lazily looked for hair styles eventually deciding on a halo braid for around my head. Crud! I need makeup! I thought. I pulled out a faint sparkly pink lip gloss and made my eyes a smoky blue. I added tons of mascara, and found a bottle of tanning cream. I applied it and made sure it was evenly spread so that it didn't look fake. Finally, it was 9:40 and I waited for Jackie to pick me up. When she finally arrived, I shouted to my parents not caring if they heard me or not and hopped into Jackie's car.

When we got to the party, I was in shock. There were disco lights, a snack bar, and bottles of soda everywhere. In the middle of it all, there was a huge pool with waters that reminded me of the Caribbean. Jackie went off to find her boyfriend Josh, and I went to explore. I texted Annabeth. When she didn't answer, I looked around to find her over by the group of popular swimmer dudes. There were about six of them. Only five of which I knew.

The one who was a stranger had jet black hair messily dried off. He had sea green eyes that looked like a hurricane. His skin was tanned like Annabeth's and he had extremely toned muscles with a swimmer's body. He was so hot.

The boys were gathered around Annabeth who was wearing a pair of capris, a plain, white tee, and worn converse. There seemed to be a bright glow stick at her side. I watched as they all laughed around her.

"Annabeth!" I called. She smiled and waved me over. "Who is that?' I whispered to her pointing at the new kid.

Annabeth seemed to be a little shaky. "That is Percy Jackson," she replied. Percy gave a little wave to me and I blushed.

One of the swimmers I knew began to talk. "So Macy, what's up?"

I gave a small smile happy that they had taken a moment to talk to me. "Nothing really." They went back to their conversation without me. I texted Annabeth even though she was right next to me about Percy. She didn't respond until I realized she didn't have her phone with her. I shrugged and listened to the conversation.

"So Percy," said a kid named Daniel. "You think you can beat the school champ?" Percy laughed and answered by handing his towel to Annabeth and going to the side of the pool. The kids cleared to the side of the pool to watch.

"Ready, set, GO!" Annabeth shouted watching them dive into the pool and take off. Percy had already pulled ahead. He easily beat Daniel, and hopped out of the pool almost completely dry. Annabeth gave him a deathly glare and he jumped into the pool coming out completely soaked. I guessed it was an illusion. Percy hopped out of the water and walked to Annabeth and kissed her! My brain started to click.

It was clear Percy and Annabeth knew each other, and Percy kissed her for crying out loud! OMG! I couldn't believe I hadn't realized this before. Percy and Annabeth were boyfriend and girlfriend. I was happy I cracked the code, but I like Percy. I made the announcement, and the swimmers looked at me weirdly.

"Uh, no duh. You didn't know?" asked Daniel. I shook my head. They glanced at Annabeth and Percy who just shrugged. I lamely told them I was going to find Jackie, and on my way over I ran into a cute guy whose name was Ryan. We talked for the rest of the party, and by the end of the party, he kissed me. Hurray!