Cato

Okay, this isn't a mortal meeting a demigod. This is a demigod meeting another demigod. And this is after The Seven's time. Just so y'all know.

Cato's POV

I sat on the porch of the Big House with my best friend Aurelia. We were visiting Camp Half Blood for a few days with the praetor Nicon Zhang. He was pretty good friends with the camp leader Alec Jackson. Currently, the two leaders and Chiron were playing a game of cards and discussing future plans to get the entirety of both camps together.

"It's so pretty here," Aurelia sighed, her head leaning on my shoulder as we stared out at the camp borders where there were a few young demigods were running around with rubber swords, not using them to fight, but swatting at little white butterflies.

"Yeah," I agreed, laughing as a young daughter of Aphrodite tripped over her sparkly pink shoes and landed in the grass. The entirety of the camp was peaceful, despite the clashing of swords and whizzing of arrows hitting the bulls-eye.

But suddenly, it wasn't peaceful. A troop of young girl between ten and seventeen came out of the woods. Aurelia and I stood up impossibly fast, our jaws dropping. "You go tell Chiron, Nicon, and Alec. I'll go hide the children," Aurelia said softly before running down to quickly gather the young demigods. I turned and burst into the Big House.

Everyone's heads shot my way. My wild eyes must have sent out a clear message of trouble because all three of them immediately stood.

"What is it, Cato?" Nicon asked, his golden eyes shining with worry beneath his dark brown brows.

"This group of random people just came out of the woods completely armed," I gasped out, realizing the horror of what I had just witnessed.

Chiron seemed to relax slightly. "Were they all girls?" My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"Um, yes?" I replied. Alec suddenly jumped up, his blue grey eyes shining with excitement.

"Aunt Thalia! And Arty!" He exclaimed, running out of the house, his long black hair flowing slightly behind him. Chiron chuckled and followed his favorite demigod. I glanced at Nicon, completely lost.

"Praetor Nicon, why are they excited about intruders?" I asked respectfully. After all, he was the leader.

"Cato," Nicon chuckled. "Those, are the hunters. Their leader is a long time friend of Chiron, and the one member that Alec mentioned, his Aunt Thalia, was his great grandfather's cousin."

"So, they aren't intruders?" I clarified. Praetor Nicon chuckled.

"No. Not at all," he laughed before leading me outside. Secretly, I was incredibly worried. For the hunters' sake. Aurelia could fight like a beast. Especially when she was protecting someone.

Sure enough, Aurelia was caught up in a brawl. Except she was losing. A tall, thin girl with spiky black hair and electrifying blue eyes had disarmed Aurelia and was on top of her, her forearm pressed to Aurelia's neck. Nicon looked completely at ease. Meanwhile, I was incredibly worried. My unbeatable best friend was being pinned down by some random girl.

"Alright, Thalia," Chiron finally said, his mouth drawn up in an amused smile. "That's enough."

"Not until she apologizes. I was just saying hello to my niece," Thalia growled. I was appalled. This girl came in, attacked an ally, and disrespected her host.

"What about your kind-of nephew?" Alec asked, smiling hopefully.

"No. This girl needs to apologize. I was just sayin g hello to Skyler," Thalia ground out.

I had had enough. This girl was being disrespectful and rude. And by the looks of it, Aurelia's face was turning slightly blue. I stalked up to the girl and hauled her off of my best friend. She looked shocked for a moment before she turned and poked me with her finger.

"Ow!" I exclaimed, my brown eyes glaring at her. She had zapped me with her finger!

"Well, don't pull me off of my victim!" Thalia snarled.

"Calm down, Aunt Thals," Alec laughed. Finally, the girl turned away from me and to her "kind-of nephew." She quickly wrapped her arms around him, burying her head in his shoulder.

She sighed. "I missed you Al," she said once she pulled away. "Everyday you look more and more like your great grandfather." She studied Alec. "No. Actually, you are stronger. Percy was way more lanky at your age."

"Yeah. And I can actually fire an arrow," Alec chuckled. Thalia then turned to Nicon.

"And you still look like Hazel," Thalia said softly, remembering the shy little girl.

"Hello, Thalia," Nicon laughed, but a soft look filtered through his golden eyes.

Then, Thalia turned to Chiron and launched herself into his arms. Chiron grunted slightly, but caught her. "That was rude," I muttered under my breath. She had just thrust herself upon this immortal trainer.

She turned toward me. "You are on thin ice, Mister. This man is like my father because my actual one is a royal pain," she yelled at the sky. Thunder rolled across the dark clouds.

"And you insulted Jupiter!" I gasped.

She scoffed. "No, I told Zeus the truth about himself," she smirked before turning towards the twelve year old girl at the front. "Lady Artemis. I'm going to my cabin." I gaped.

"You just told a goddess what you would do. Y-you didn't even wait for permission," I said.

"Well, I happen to be able to do that. I have been with Lady Artemis for 286 years. I think I know what I can and can't do," she sassed and turned away. I only watched her go. Suddenly, a sharp shock was sent through my stomach. I doubled over. Nicon only laughed.

"Don't mess with the Lady Thalia," he chuckled before walking off with Alec and Chiron.