Garret

Disclaimer: I do no own Percy Jackson. Property belongs to Rick Riordan

Author's Note: Hey guys. Sorry for not updating. Was visiting cousins. Anyways, here is you new chapter. Enjoy!

Garret's POV

I stood outside the hallway of my English teacher's apartment. My father had his hands placed firmly on my shoulders as he rang the doorbell. Before I go any further, let me explain why I am at my teacher's apartment.

You see, I am not a good student. I hold a constant C average. But in English, I have a D or an F. My parents decided that this was simply unacceptable, so they just had to go and visit Mr. Blowfis and have him tutor me. Okay, now back to the story.

Finally, after a whole ten seconds, the door was opened. Mr. Blowfis stood there with a smile as if he was happy to have a failing student.

"Please, come in," he greeted. We followed him into the kitchen where a middle-aged woman was making blue cookies and a teenaged boy whom I recognized to be Percy Jackson sat there eating the raw cookie dough.

"Oh, good evening," greeted the woman. "I am Sally Jackson and this is my son Percy. Excuse me for getting in the way. Percy, why don't you go get Annabeth." Percy nodded and headed up the stairs to a room.

"It has come to our attention that our son has been failing your English class," my father started. Mr. Blowfis was about to speak when a loud argument interrupted him.

"PERCY. ANNABETH. BE QUIET!" Mr. Blowfis yelled up the stairs. They didn't stop. After about another twenty seconds Percy came down.

"Sorry, Paul. She is in a "good part" right now. She'll be don in 3, 2, 1," Percy said right as a beautiful girl came out of the room looking rather aggravated. She began to rapidly speak to Percy in another language and he replied, then kissed her.

"Get a room guys," said Mr. Blowfis. They both blushed then sat down. Percy twirled Annabeth's hair as Annabeth listened to the conversation.

"I have a tutor session on Tuesday's, but I understand that is football days. So I have Annabeth here who can tutor you whenever," Mr. Blowfis said. He received a glare from Annabeth. "I mean on Mondays and Thursdays," he corrected. Annabeth nodded.

Yay! A pretty girl is going to tutor me. I thought giddily. We settled with Thursdays and headed home. I began to count the days until Thursday.

*Time Skip to Thursday right before tutoring session*

Bring! The bell rang and I raced out of class to the Library. Annabeth was sitting at a table reading Sherlock Holmes. I fixed my hair as best I could before sliding into an empty seat. Annabeth didn't look up.

"Uh, hey Annabeth," I said.

"Hi Garret. Are you ready to begin?" Annabeth asked reluctantly putting down her book. We worked for the next hour on a bunch of stuff Paul had taught to us that day. I decided to make myself seem helpless in order to have more tutoring sessions.

After weeks of tutoring sessions, I began to sense Annabeth's aggravation. I decided to say I got the lesson. When we were packing up to leave, I finally asked Annabeth.

"Hey Annabeth, I was wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner sometime?"

Annabeth laughed a little. "Sorry Garret, but I have a boyfriend. And no I will not leave him. I'll see you next week for sessions?"

"No, no I think I got the concept," I mumbled. Annabeth nodded then headed out the door. I sat back down. I was about to leave when a note fluttered to the ground. Curious, I opened it. It read...

Garret, you are a great kid. I know you understood the lesson earlier. Besides, I'm not stupid. Anyways, I won't date you, but there is this other kid whom I am thinking you will like. Her name is Claire. 3 Annabeth